Jump to content

very high CPU usage while downloading only


steely74

Recommended Posts

I am running 2.2.1 build 25302 (last build before 3.0) on windows home server 2011 (custom built sempron 2.8ghz with 4gigs ram). The other day I noticed very high cpu usage from utorrent. like 70-80%. it is only happening when downloading not uploading.

I followed the instructions under best practice tips For fixing CPU-load/memory-issues/Disk-verhead/stability: It seemed drop usage about 10% but that still put me at around 50-60% cpu. I have no av other than the built in windows defender. I disabled it and peerblock and it seemed to also help but not cure it. I'm now spiking around 50 with average 30+!

I use the same build on three machines and the home server is the only one effected. the server acts as my media box so I can't afford for so much cpu usage nor is it normal! I tried the build below it with the same results.

ports are forwarded properly. I have 30/5 service so speed isn't an issue. utorrent is just sucking up tons of my cpu!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...