very high CPU usage (w/ version 3.2.3 latest build) SOVLED

steely74

edit: pretty sure this is solved.

I saw this post

It's known issue, try to set net.low_cpu = true in Advanced section of uTorrent's preferences.

it's seems to have done the trick. I still see some small spikes up to 10% but nowhere near what i was.

I posted yesterday with the issue happening in 2.2.1. I was told there is no support. so I did a clean install of the latest build from the site.

I am now running 3.2.3 build on windows home server 2011 (custom built sempron 2.8ghz with 4gigs ram). The other day (using 2.2.1) I noticed very high cpu usage from utorrent. like 70-80%. it is only happening when downloading not uploading.

I did a full install, not upgrade to 3.2.3 so no settings were transferred to the new version. same exact issue! I was getting upwards of 70% cpu usage from utorrent!

I again followed the steps in the best practice tips

A. For fixing CPU-load/memory-issues/Disk-verhead/stability:

[1] In pref.->advanced->Disk Cache Make sure :

1a. ->Disable Windows caching of disk writes/reads - are both checked

1b. ->reduce memory usage when the cache is not needed - is unchecked

[2] Make sure pref.->advanced->gui.transparent_graph_legend is false

[3] Reduce disk overhead by also enabling pref.->general->pre-allocate All Files

it helped but I'm still getting between 10-50% cpu usage on downloads.

I have no AV running. I ran malwarebytes and it found nothing. I was using the built in windows defender. Since upgrading to 3.2.3 I have disabled it. I have tried with and without peerguriadian running & with and without dumeter running. same results either way.

the homeserver acts as my media box so I can't afford for so much cpu usage nor is it normal!

ports are forwarded properly. I have 30/5 internet service so speed isn't an issue. utorrent is just sucking up tons of my cpu during download!!

Archived