µTorrent 3.3 Stable

cmeisel

so...ut 3.3b29216 eat more than 4GB RAM in fact??? and isn't detected by system itself...??(it should be memory leak, right?)

That's not a memory leak. That's windows' disk cache being stupid.

A memory leak would be visible in task manager under the process that is leaking. In the case of uTorrent, the INSTANT the process exceeded 2GB of ram, it would crash.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have this a long time. But not always. From some version and up. Downloaded files are not transferred correctly. I use "Force Re-Check" and the errors are found. Then the erroneous parts are downloaded correctly. Many times when the file is in zip format cannot unzip because of transfer errors. Then I use "Force Re-Check" and then I am able to unzip.

Looks like that this problem is more frequent with big files of 4GB+ and block size of 4MB.

The latest stable version has this problem. A few minutes ago two files of about 4GB tested and found with transfer problems.

I'd suggest that you try the latest 3.31 beta

The same problem with 3.3.1. It seems that happens with files that have 4MB pieces. All files checked up to 1.8GB never had a problem. Its very bad. A transfer app with unreliable transfers. Looks like that after 3.3 the problem existed before, is worse.

so...ut 3.3b29216 eat more than 4GB RAM in fact??? and isn't detected by system itself...??(it should be memory leak, right?)

That's not a memory leak. That's windows' disk cache being stupid.

A memory leak would be visible in task manager under the process that is leaking. In the case of uTorrent, the INSTANT the process exceeded 2GB of ram, it would crash.

thx for the explaination

is there any solution to the problem...?

I remembered 3.2.x stable didn't cause it, but seems 3.2.x has a very bad DISK I/O for me (when I use 3.2.x, it always takes >15min to shutdown my PC after quit UT...but 3.3 is normal)

uTorrent is getting worser and worser every update. What's happening? I can't even seed normally. I only seed to one peer. I can't even select all my torrents and delete, pause or stop. The buttons aren't working (can't press them). I had version 3.3 and went back to 3.2.3. This is ridiculous. :mad:

Seems to me that only removing the upload limit - helps :(

I tried that' date='but that does not solve the problem.:(

It would be nice that devs solve this problem quick. Because it is a very big problem.[/quote']

Do you care to possibly try one more thing? also set bt.ul_queue_factor = 254 in shift-F2-Advanced & restart ?

Why is the main page of the website acting a bit strange? When I try downloading utorrent from the main page, it redirects me to the page where I can choose to download both the free and paid versions, and then when I click on the free version, I'm starting to download the Mac version of the program.

Another weird thing was when accessing the forums - I suddenly started seeing threads and posts that were old.

and then when I click on the free version, I'm starting to download the Mac version of the program.

The Free Download button (for me) points to this address/web page:

http://www.utorrent.com/downloads/complete/os/win

I've not seen, or come across, a Mac version EVER when clicking the Free Download button.

I can't even see a Mac version under the Products button.

As for the other thing, I'm not seeing any old posts.

and then when I click on the free version' date=' I'm starting to download the Mac version of the program.

[/quote']

The Free Download button (for me) points to this address/web page:

http://www.utorrent.com/downloads/complete/os/win

I've not seen, or come across, a Mac version EVER when clicking the Free Download button.

I can't even see a Mac version under the Products button.

As for the other thing, I'm not seeing any old posts.

This is what the link I receive when I click the Free button: http://staging.utorrent.com/downloads/complete/os/mac

The old posts thing was for a few times, now it seems it's OK.

Archived