µTorrent 3.3 Stable

cmeisel

Having problems...

please help

Where people can learn to read three posts up and see it's already been posted about enough times that staff are aware of the issue and are attempting to fix it

Come on' date=' we all aren't computer genius's so cut us some slack.

[/quote']

It doesn't take a genius to do what I suggested, you're inventing excuses for an individual's unwillingness to take a simple step to solve something themselves.

It's not rocket science, it's knowing how to find information (which is terribly simple these days)

In this particular case it was as simple as clicking the previous page. Education > ignorance.

No issues with build 29462 so far, looking good.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally discovered which mechanism was crashing 3.3 at high dl speed ; downloading an iso of 39.4GB from three seedboxes, , dl rate was between 1.5MB/Sec and 3.3MB/Sec, so after a while, process utorrent.exe was reported to reached 1 500 062K by task manager, and bing, crash... Destination folder was on the N.A.S ; I decided this morning to try dl on a caviar green with 120 MB/Sec sustain stream, a local drive : good idea, task manager showed process culminating at 1 676 496K in main memory and no crash!!! I now use the local drive to DL and transfer folder for finished dl to move files to the N.A.S ; I hope a solution might be exist, cause downloading directly to N.A.S give security of RAID 6 mechanism. (creating the iso, such big, takes enough time in order to explode memory cache, before allocation processus is done !)

I have utorrent 3.3, build 29420 32-bit.

When i go to "help - check for updates", it comes back with there are no new versions, even though there is build 29462. how can i get this? do i have to uninstall and install?

I have the problem of all my potential download saying "checked 0.0%"

Thanks!

Well, you search on your PC for utorrent.exe, rename it, download the new one from the first post, rename it to uorrent.exe and copy it instead of the original.

If this is difficult for you, wait your turn, till the auto-update server - picks you up...

Well, you search on your PC for utorrent.exe, rename it, download the new one from the first post, rename it to uorrent.exe and copy it instead of the original.

If this is difficult for you, wait your turn, till the auto-update server - picks you up...

rafi,

Do you have a NEW settings.dat for the latesst stable release of µTorrent 3.3? Also, is the Help file also being updated? I would think that it would be easier to keep it updated for every "Stable" release because it wouldn't require a re-write. These are just suggestions I'm giving. I rely on your settings.dat file. Personally, I think that everyone should start off with those settings, and tweak it from there. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Mine is for the latest 3.3.1 . I believe it should be fine for 3.3 as well.

Help file is being updated for 3.x as we speak...

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=132828

>everyone should start off with those settings, and tweak it from there. Any ideas?

Well, no need to convince me... ;) Just convince the devs to make it the default... They seem to think differently, and I respect that.

Hello !

I want to ask someone for help....my problem with utorrent 3.3 is i'm uploading a torrent only for one peer and there is many peers who want seed.I tried almost everything with settings ,with router...without router.If someone have ideas ,please help me ! :)

My idea: disable the upload limiter... (=unlimited)(

In my case: unlimited upload = one peer per torrent, limited upload (any limits)= low upload speed (1-2 MB/s vs 8-10 MB/s on unlimited upload), 3.3.1 build 29472 with unlimited upload = no "one peer" problems, but still "Checked 0.0%" bug with magnets.

3.3.1 build 29472 with unlimited upload = no "one peer" problems, but still "Checked 0.0%" bug with magnets.

Yeah, I meant with 3.3.1, and yeah, this bug is still there. I guess the last build before this 29335.

So, you can:

1. Use 29335 (might be in your \updates path)

2. Or avoid using magnets for now...

3. Or wait for a fix in the next release.

3.3.1 build 29472 with unlimited upload = no "one peer" problems' date=' but still "Checked 0.0%" bug with magnets.[/quote']

Yeah, I meant with 3.3.1, and yeah, this bug is still there. I guess the last build before this 29335.

So, you can:

1. Use 29335 (might be in your \updates path)

2. Or avoid using magnets for now...

3. Or wait for a fix in the next release.

If you don't use magnets, how else can you download the files, via URL link? From what I know about the URL links, they are the magnet links, for example, the link would look something like this: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:a79cd69b7. If I'm wrong, can you please explain. I'm still learning this stuff about Torrents, even though I've been using them for about five years. :P

Thanks. :cool:

>everyone should start off with those settings, and tweak it from there. Any ideas?

Well, no need to convince me... ;) Just convince the devs to make it the default... They seem to think differently, and I respect that.

I can respect that also. What do they have as the defaults? The ones that you get when you FIRST do a CLEAN install of µTorrent? They really don't give you much to start with. At least what you give the NEWBIEs out there, something they can START with. The old timers out here, know what they want, and they have some "exotic" set up especially, the ones with 1Gb/s transfers. :P

I, myself, only have 50Mb/s and sometimes/most of the time, I don't come close to those speeds. What I don't understand is that someone with 1Gb/s connection, how do they maintain that? Because if the rest of the seeders of a particular torrent only have 50Mb/s or slower, there is no way that they will getting that file any time soon. BUT, if they are seeding/uploading, well, that's another story. :)

Thanks.

Thanks for the link for the updated HELP/CHM file! I have to download the CYGWin files, install that, then I can compile the utorrent.chm file.

So every time they come out with a NEW RC/Stable version, they update the help file? If they do, that's really great. It's only great for me, if I can get CYGWin installed and run it correctly! :( Any tips/advice in using CYGWin? I know that I'm installing the FULL and latest package (version 1.7.17-1), which is approximately 1Gb in files/addons. I first had to download and install the Bonjour Server, by Apple, Inc., but I downloaded it from Download.com/ C/Net at http://download.cnet.com/bonjour-for-windows/3028-18507_4-93550.html?c=SEM&s=fivemill&pid=dlcom_sem&aid=bonjour%20for%20windows-e&dlc=n , so if anyone else wants to attempt to compile the latest help file for µTorrent, they can.

Thanks

Mine is 3.3.0 build 29462

Having with the problem that uTorrent doesn't obey the Disk Write Caching options.

The settings are...

- Reduce memory usage when the cache is not needed = No

- Enable caching of disk writes = Yes

- Write out untouched blocks every 2 minutes = No

- Write out finished pieces immediately = No

...but uTorrent still writes out finished pieces immediately which causes the disk working too frequently.

So I went deep down to the Advanced options, but diskio.all_writes_sync, diskio_coalesce_writes are properly set.

No idea why it behaves strangely since updating to the build 29462.

I'll revert back to build 29082 for temporary solution.

Maybe I'll check the Beta if this is resolved, or else I have to report this bug.

Edit: 3.3.0.29082 is working fine, while 3.3.0.29126 onwards (3.3.0.29333, 3.3.0.29342, 3.3.0.29420, 3.3.0.29462) have this issue.

If you don't use magnets, how else can you download the files, via URL link? From what I know about the URL links, they are the magnet links...

No. I never use magnets (except for testing...). Unless you use ThePirateBay, which publish now only magnets, most sites will give you the option to use either a magnet or a URL link to the .torrent file(s) (like kat.ph for example) .

I'm using 3.3.0 build 29462.

This version have some too big memory leaks!

I don't know where they are but it's annoying to have the program killing itself every 8 hours, or so.

2qwlx4y.png

How come utorrent is consuming 1.7GB of memory?!?!

I set cache as 400MB!

Besides, utorrent is actually not using more than about 300 MB. The rest is allocated but it is not in use, no matter what I try to do.

By the time of this message, utorrent has already crashed again when the memory usage just about reaching the 2GB mark.

With this, do you still think that utorrent 3.3 does not have memory leaks?

Archived