µTorrent 3.3 Stable

cmeisel

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So?????

It means that only ONE peer is connected and that peer is "Unchoked" (allowed to get data), You can't change that and NEITHER can the developers.

YOU CANNOT FORCE PEERS TO CONNECT TO YOUR CLIENT

You could have only one job running with a THOUSAND upload slots, and if only ONE peer wants to connect, that is ALL you will get.

If this is on a private tracker, it is simply an effect of gross 'overseeding' by idiots who think that it will help their ratio in some way.

So?????

It means that only ONE peer is connected and that peer is "Unchoked" (allowed to get data), You can't change that and NEITHER can the developers.

YOU CANNOT FORCE PEERS TO CONNECT TO YOUR CLIENT

You could have only one job running with a THOUSAND upload slots, and if only ONE peer wants to connect, that is ALL you will get.

If this is on a private tracker, it is simply an effect of gross 'overseeding' by idiots who think that it will help their ratio in some way.

You are right! In that case, why 3.2.3 and older version works fine for me (i use the same settings.dat)?

The "Label" directing the torrent to download in the Specified directory feature isn't there?

Yes - don't worry' date=' this is just temporary. We're excited about this feature, but it is not usable enough yet (mostly UI changes)[/quote']

Really looking forward to this. Thanks for responding.

Difficult to actually test without having the same torrent as they are seeing the problem on

Not so . I did. It happens with every torrent' date=' at least for the first few minutes. I suggest you better do the same ...[/quote']

SO you didn't consider that it may be that I am not seeing this "problem".

peer-counts.png

The last two downloading jobs have been running for about 20 minutes.

and by the way the job in initial seeding has only ONE peer in any case

No need to double post, there is an "Edit" feature in this forum, you know...

The fact that you post this screenshot - shows that you did not understand what the issue is:

1. It requires that the upload limiter will be set (to any value, even high)

2. It requires that everything , with both uTP and overhead , will be set as limited

3. It requires that the download (and download overhead) will not be too high, leave some bandwidth to seeding

4. allocating about 7-10 UL slots per torrent

And, the place to look for the symptom is the peers tab, not in that part of the main view... :P The symptom, if you didn't get it yet, is not that the # of concurrent seeding-connections is 1 (as we can see on your screenshot), but the fact that only one or two of those are actually being given significant bandwidth .

Since we do not see all the peers tabs, we cannot tell. In your screen, all of the jobs have near 0 speed except one (which is a bad start), and the theory is that only 1-2 peers in this single uploading job are actually seeding.

And, it is not bickering, this is about proper testing, or understanding what to test for, Beasly... :) How many peers do you see seeding at a time?

1. It requires that the upload limiter will be set (to any value, even high)

2. It requires that everything , with both uTP and overhead , will be set as limited

3. It requires that the download (and download overhead) will not be too high, leave some bandwidth to seeding

4. allocating about 7-10 UL slots per torrent

Torrent 1

2gx03mc.jpg

Torrent 2

2igjb42.jpg

The problem I've had for a while is the "alternate upload rate when not downloading" setting doesn't kick in.

Is it that you are assuming that the number of upload slots is the number that the client HAS TO USE ALL THE TIME?

Because it isn't, it is the MAXIMUM allowed to be used for any job at any point in time, if it only needs one it WILL ONLY USE ONE and that ONE slot maybe in use for SEVERAL PEERS

An upload slot is NOT EQUAL TO A CONNECTION

The problem I've had for a while is the "alternate upload rate when not downloading" setting doesn't kick in.

We are talking about unbalanced seeding from you to your peers, so sorting by UL speed would be better. Looks much better than here, though.

And yeah the upload rate seems to not change with | w/o downloading torrent. Sometimes...

If it wasn't clear, we were talking here about unbalanced seeding/uploading from you to your peers not to you... , so sorting by UL speed would be better. Looks much better than here, though.

And yeah the upload rate seems to not change with | w/o downloading torrent. Sometimes...

467fc7237971240.jpg

Archived