µTorrent 3.3 Stable

cmeisel

Updates are staggered to avoid overloading the servers

I would like to think it's cos they're smart enough not to be rolling this out to everyone yet.. I'll certainly be skipping it. 3.3.1 should hopefully fare better.

Hopefully? Surely...

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updates are staggered to avoid overloading the servers

I would like to think it's cos they're smart enough not to be rolling this out to everyone yet.. I'll certainly be skipping it. 3.3.1 should hopefully fare better.

Hopefully? Surely...

What do you mean by silent auto updates which is enabled or merged on v3.3.1 beta? So that means no more updating utorrent manually, even for beta versions? I hope that will be implemented on the next stable version? :)

Version 3.3 stable (build 29082) use only one upload slot per torrent. How fix it?

Yeah' date=' confirm this. 3.3, 3.3.1 used only one slot per torrent when seeding (only one flag "U"). Please, fix this)

For example:

[url']http://dl.dropbox.com/u/56667031/1.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/56667031/2.png

I confirm that this problem exists with 3.3:

1. I set "Number of upload slots per torrent" to 40.

2. 20 peers are connected to a seeding torrent.

3. Of them only one has big U flag and receives from my client.

4. The rest have small u flag (they want to receive, but my client refuses to send to them).

As soon as I quickly replace 3.3 with 3.2.3 (just stopping client, overwriting exe file and restarting, so all the settings are the same), the problems is solved: all 20 peers on the same torrent have big U flag and receives from my client.

Going back to 3.3 in the same manner reproduces the problem. And switching again to 3.2.3 immediately solves it.

Version 3.3 stable (build 29082) use only one upload slot per torrent. How fix it?

Yeah' date=' confirm this. 3.3, 3.3.1 used only one slot per torrent when seeding (only one flag "U"). Please, fix this)

For example:

Looks fine here (3.3.1/29213). The only problem I can see is - unbalanced allocation of speed - mainly - to one peer.

As I understand it this is due to semi broken upload limiter handler. W/O setting an upload limit - all looks fine... :(

7b8a33240064716.jpg

For example:

Looks fine here (3.3.1/29213). The only problem I can see is - unbalanced allocation of speed - mainly - to one peer.

As I understand it this is due to semi broken upload limiter handler. W/O setting an upload limit - all looks fine... :(

http://thumbnails104.imagebam.com/24007/7b8a33240064716.jpg

With 3.3.1 I have the same problem as with 3.3... So - it's even worse: it's harder to fix the problem if it's not easily reproducible ;)

So - it's even worse: it's harder to fix the problem if it's not easily reproducible wink

So, I suggest that you try to reproduce the good behavior I see... maybe by using my settings below? ...

Btw, this is w/o upload limit:

3d8f9f240095442.jpg

So - it's even worse: it's harder to fix the problem if it's not easily reproducible wink

So' date=' I suggest that you try to reproduce the good behavior I see... maybe by using my settings below? ...

Btw, this is w/o upload limit:

http://thumbnails104.imagebam.com/24010/3d8f9f240095442.jpg

I have tried, and you know what? With settings_331_1M.dat copied to replace the original settings.dat the good behavior is observed with 3.3.1, all peers are having nice big U's. Trick is certainly not in "basic" pages, like Bandwidth, Bittorrent or Queueing - since I've changed settings there back to my liking. I'm not in condition right now to analyze all in Advanced, but because I had initially installed 3.3 on new Win8 system, it's for sure one of settings in that section which differs from defaults.

and you know what?

I know. I've seen my screenshot... :P

I'm not in condition right now to analyze all in Advanced, but because I had initially installed 3.3 on new Win8 system, it's for sure one of settings in that section which differs from defaults.

Well, if you have a free day, reset them one at a time... :P The least you can do - is say what you have changed from the default there... Maybe you screwed it up... Try with a new blank setting...

I'll give it a try with the default setting sometimes...

I am using build 29038 daily. It's been pretty long since this build was released, and yet I never get update notification, nor does it say there is newer version available when I check manually. What kind of bug is this? It actually never worked for me since I don't know when.

I have noticed a strange problem with This version of Utorrent..

When its on my browsers are slow as a snail..

When i close it my browsers are lightning fast.

I have downgraded Utorrent, i have completely uninstalled it and reinstalled to the latest version.

But nothing seems to work.

And im on the latest Firefox , Chrome and Opera.

Same result with em all even with IE.

And Now For Something Completely Different:

µTorrent Stable (3.3 build 29126) is working great for me. NONE of the problems others have posted here. Windows 7 X64 Pro SP1. AMD Black CPU, 8GB of memory, 1GB ATI Video Card. Some of these other posts literally shout 'you have something messed up on your OS'!!! THANK YOU for a WONDERFUL Torrent Proggie.

IMHO

isepiq :cool:

I have this a long time. But not always. From some version and up. Downloaded files are not transferred correctly. I use "Force Re-Check" and the errors are found. Then the erroneous parts are downloaded correctly. Many times when the file is in zip format cannot unzip because of transfer errors. Then I use "Force Re-Check" and then I am able to unzip.

Looks like that this problem is more frequent with big files of 4GB+ and block size of 4MB.

The latest stable version has this problem. A few minutes ago two files of about 4GB tested and found with transfer problems.

I have this a long time. But not always. From some version and up. Downloaded files are not transferred correctly. I use "Force Re-Check" and the errors are found. Then the erroneous parts are downloaded correctly. Many times when the file is in zip format cannot unzip because of transfer errors. Then I use "Force Re-Check" and then I am able to unzip.

Looks like that this problem is more frequent with big files of 4GB+ and block size of 4MB.

The latest stable version has this problem. A few minutes ago two files of about 4GB tested and found with transfer problems.

I'd suggest that you try the latest 3.31 beta

Version 3.3 stable (build 29126)

have bug

when download big file - like blu-ray ~ 20Gb and high

utorrent very often silently closed or freeze

but they can work without any problem if download small file - 1-2Gb

previous verision work very stable - without this issue

pls fix

It actually never worked for me since I don't know when.

So' date=' what are you waiting for? A miracle? ... Just get 3.3.1 manually, and be done with it.[/quote']

That's hardly the answer I wanted.

Bottom line is, I don't even visit these forums more often than maybe once in two months at most, so...

That's hardly the answer I wanted.

Bottom line is, I don't even visit these forums more often than maybe once in two months at most, so...

Every 2 months is enough... :)

I'm sure this update scheme will work when 3.3.1 stable is out...

I try this version since it's released. I just want to say I'm done for BitTorrent, Inc products.

I know how to hide ads, I know how to config most in advance options.

But overall of the program disappointed me include many critical bug which I can't accept.

I using utorrent about 7 years and very disappoint in BitTorrent, Inc.

utorrent is now die from me, try to find other client or some old good version even it's have a security risk.

Ludvig I miss you.

(should be) bug: memory leak on this utorrent 3.3 b29126

all torrents are seeding:

x4jFmxq.png

NjmasDM.png

ZmVeO7s.png

just STOP ALL torrents:

HBXNRvH.png

lwGTGhh.png

CbUZt9k.png

so...ut 3.3b29216 eat more than 4GB RAM in fact??? and isn't detected by system itself...??(it should be memory leak, right?)

Archived