µTorrent 3.3 Stable

cmeisel

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still the bug of checking files, I have files queued up and they are stuck at checked 0.0% please fix this asap.

I have this exact same problem and it is driving me mad. I don't really understand about any of this... If there's no way to fix it yet can someone help me out with how to go back a version? I only have the weekend to watch my shows and I'm desperate!

Thought I'd give this a shot, I grabbed the latest 3.3 "stable" and added a couple of torrents, both sat there frozen on 0% checked and hadn't downloaded a thing even hours later. Reverted back to 3.2.3 started the torrents, they checked 0% for a second then started downloading fine.

Pretty disappointing that it's come this far with patches and is bugged so bad it won't even download properly. That's the main function of this program borked in a stable release.

Thought I'd give this a shot, I grabbed the latest 3.3 "stable" and added a couple of torrents, both sat there frozen on 0% checked and hadn't downloaded a thing even hours later. Reverted back to 3.2.3 started the torrents, they checked 0% for a second then started downloading fine.

I have possibly a similar problem with v3.3.0.29420 - new torrents stay stuck forever with "scrape OK". After downgrading to v3.3.0.29342, everything is working fine again.

Hi, I just upgraded from 3.2.1 to 3.3 build 29126 (newest build currently permitted on a certain tracker).

I had uTorrent running for 23 hours and downloaded a 3.6 GB file. I checked on it just now and discovered the following:

1) The file is reported as having finished downloading.

2) Roughly the last GB has not been written to the disk yet, but is still in the cache.

3) The status of the torrent is "flushing to disk (68092)"

4) uTorrent is using ~1GB of memory.

5) uTorrent has used ~2 hrs of CPU time in 23 hrs of uptime. That's ~10% average CPU usage on a 1.86GHz Core 2 Duo. I've never had such high CPU usage with 3.2.1 or any older version.

Now my questions

a) is it intentional, that 1GB are written to memory cache and not to disk?

B) is it intentional, that this cache is not written to disk when the download has finished?

c) how do I get it to write this 1GB to disk without having to redownload it?

d) is that high CPU usage normal with a 3.3 build?

Thanks for reading this far. I'm sorry if what I'm reporting is already known, or if the potential bug(s) has already been fixed in a newer build.

PS: Screenshots

jBwQ9BCSmtlec_e.jpg

jb3lsgoOcq4jd_e.jpg

jq4UHuhB8ILu9_e.jpg

jba8SYBKJUoJ5p_e.jpg

jbizjAplg9Q33N_e.jpg

[edit] I just noticed the Disk Overloaded: 100% message. My disk usage during the download has been burning 2 DVDs and watching one movie. However, that was ~12 hours ago and the disk has been (to my knowledge) idle since then.

[edit2] While downloading, uTorrent was unresponsive for ~10 seconds every 2 minutes. The pagefile was not in use, I think (physical memory in task manager always had ~1GB to spare). The cache size is set to 32MB. See screenshot #3.

[edit3] In case it is relevant: all diskio.* settings under Preferences - Advanced are at their defaults. See screenshots #4 and #5.

[edit4]

1) Disk write speed isn't an issue: download speed is ~250 kB/s, disk speed is ~50 MB/s, and there's plenty of free disk space.

2) 10 seconds every 2 minutes (see edit 2) with full CPU usage is where the 10% average CPU utilization comes from.

Finally, I've found one of the reasons of disk overload.

When downloading a big torrent file (about 100 GB) with rather fast download speed, it always cause the problem of disk overload. : I'm using windows 8 and the maximum speed of my internet is 11 mega bytes per second. The cache size is customized to 128 MB.

For example, starting a big torrent with the download speed of "1MB", utorrent seems to create dummy files while downloading to fill cache. I've tried to enlarge cache size to 500 MB, but still useless.

If the process of creating dummy files is not finished before filling the caches, utorrent starts slowing down with disk overload message. It seems to occur whenever it requires to create dummy files.

ps. dummy file sizes are rather big too. (about 2G per file)

Can anyone tell me why in the media player in all versions of 3.3 stable does not stream and looks completely different than all the others? For example, I can stream in 3.4 alpha with the built in player before my download finishes, but in 3.3 stables, the ETA and Stream times are exactly the same, ie I can only download then play. The player looks different. it used to be green/silver, now its blue? Can someone explain this or is this just happening to me? I've reset my appdata folder and everything...

This is the built in player in 3.3 stabl, streaming broken

http://imgur.com/UIe5eLw

This is the regular player that worked fine before I updated:

http://imgur.com/RBKFmM4

I know this isn't a plus issue since 3.4 alpha has the same player...

I wonder wether fast mode for retrieving pieces functiuns normally or not : DL speed stuck at 1.2 MB/Sec, with UL= 47 KB/Sec + overhead = 65 KB/Sec ; UL capacity is 120 KB/Sec approximately. I found overhead too high for receiving pieces in high mode (high speed mode is built to drastically reduce amount of acknowledge...)

uTorrent still is the best client out there. Well, 3.2 is. 3.3 is just plain broken.

Yes, I've got a serious amount of torrents running, yes they're on a 100Mbps connection, no it's not running on or downloading to an SSD. This is NOT the issue.

On 3.2.3: disk overload issues don't occur. At all. Unless it's been running at max speed for >3 hours, which is extremely unusual and when it stops the overload very quickly clears.

On 3.3: <Instant> disk overload on startup. No matter what download/upload speed is actually being attained. After 8 hours, the overload <never> cleared. This is on completely unchanged settings that have worked for me for about a year now.

The following are probably results of the constant disk overload:

-Graceful shutdown never happens.

-Torrent list won't update when clicking on a different list (i.e. a label or switching from "seeding" to "downloading" tabs)

-Torrents won't ever recheck.

-Tracker updates take ages.

Why do I not wait with updating for a month after release? I should've known better. Re-re-revert.

EDIT: reverted. Upload immediately speeds up to 8mbps. Force-rechecking takes a few seconds per torrent (@ 500MB size). No disk overload (no 20k DHT nodes like in 3.3 either, crazy scary number). Well, at least 3.2.3 works consistently great for me.

uTorrent still is the best client out there. Well, 3.2 is. 3.3 is just plain broken.

Yes, I've got a serious amount of torrents running, yes they're on a 100Mbps connection, no it's not running on or downloading to an SSD. This is NOT the issue.

On 3.2.3: disk overload issues don't occur. At all. Unless it's been running at max speed for >3 hours, which is extremely unusual and when it stops the overload very quickly clears.

On 3.3: <Instant> disk overload on startup. No matter what download/upload speed is actually being attained. After 8 hours, the overload <never> cleared. This is on completely unchanged settings that have worked for me for about a year now.

The following are probably results of the constant disk overload:

-Graceful shutdown never happens.

-Torrent list won't update when clicking on a different list (i.e. a label or switching from "seeding" to "downloading" tabs)

-Torrents won't ever recheck.

-Tracker updates take ages.

Why do I not wait with updating for a month after release? I should've known better. Re-re-revert.

EDIT: reverted. Upload immediately speeds up to 8mbps. Force-rechecking takes a few seconds per torrent (@ 500MB size). No disk overload (no 20k DHT nodes like in 3.3 either, crazy scary number). Well, at least 3.2.3 works consistently great for me.

Totally agree 3.3 is borked.

You add torrents and they forever remain in a state of checking.

Archived