µTorrent 3.3 Stable

cmeisel

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AdamK

Administrator

Thanks for the "Checked 0.0%" reports - I've been able to reproduce this, and we're working on fixing it now.

LOL!!!

Posting problems in the Announcement section when new versions/builds comes out has been the same since the inception of this forum.

I am aware of post #345, and that the devs are aware of the issue.

I just wanted to provide my experience with Checked 0.0% up to uTorrent-3.3.29420 I got this bug only when adding torrents from magnet links and not when loading .torrent files.

I have just downloaded uTorrent-3.3.29462, hopefully this issue has been resolved :)

Hi Everyone,

We have posted a fix for the "Checked 0.0%" problem in 3.3 29462 here:

http://www.utorrent.com/downloads/complete/os/win/track/stable

We introduced this problem when we fixed the problem that utorrent was sometimes creating files that were marked as "don't download"

The problem happened when you added a magnet link.

When we received the torrent metadata, we would stop the torrent momentarily to see if we already had data for the torrent. When we entered that checking state, and determined that we didn't need to check (e.g. no data files present), utorrent didn't realize that it was done checking, and it had no way to leave that state.

Thank you for the good reports.

this is a forum.

Where people who have problems get help from others.

Where people can learn to read three posts up and see it's already been posted about enough times that staff are aware of the issue and are attempting to fix it :P Read a few more posts up and there's a solution (revert to the previous build) which I myself posted. You can learn all this by actually understanding what a forum is and actually spending two seconds to open your eyes and engage your brain. :rolleyes:

We have posted a fix for the "Checked 0.0%" problem in 3.3 29462 here:

http://www.utorrent.com/downloads/complete/os/win/track/stable

Cool stuff, will give it another shot.

is it me or does this latest release install toolbar and that other junk without permission?

For some reason when installing everything got installed even though i declined and unchecked all.

I uncheck everything (when the option to do so is available) and nothing extra is installed here (and never has been since I started using uTorrent).

So you:

1) Unchecked the free download

2) Unchecked Install the Toolbar (plus the lower 3 boxes)

3) Decline the Free Video Player

After doing the above 3 items, what exactly did you get installed?

I had no issue either, I think you might have missed one of the options. You could always reinstall your old version and try reinstalling again and making 100% sure you untick all the options and report back.

is it me or does this latest release install toolbar and that other junk without permission?

For some reason when installing everything got installed even though i declined and unchecked all.

I uncheck everything (when the option to do so is available) and nothing extra is installed here (and never has been since I started using uTorrent).

So you:

1) Unchecked the free download

2) Unchecked Install the Toolbar (plus the lower 3 boxes)

3) Decline the Free Video Player

Exactly at the final page of the installprogram do not be suckered into clicking accept because this will install an array of unwanted programs.

Eventhough you are lured into thinking you will cancel the entire installation process, do choose decline!

I have recently "updated" to Utorrent 3.3, and I'm having some issues!...

When I'm downloading something, its not even completing the 'checked' percentage bar, (just staying as: checked 0.0%)

I have done many things to try and cure this, such as Options > Preferences > Disk Cache > Over ride to 500mb AND stopped / forced re-check but to no success... I have more than enough disk space, and excellent wifi... any ideas? :/ Thanks :)

Having problems...

please help

This isn't Yahoo! Answers. Open your eyes' date=' this is a forum.[/quote']

Come on, we all aren't computer genius's so cut us some slack.

I am having the same problem since this last upgrade and I m feeling his frustration.

I paid money for the uTorrent Plus along with others so please lose the sarcasm with the answers.

Archived