µTorrent 3.3 Stable

cmeisel

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the "Check for updates" functionality work in 3.3 stable branch ?

It seems that uTorrent does not identify that there have been bug fix releases ie. from 3.3.29462 to 3.3.29544, but this has been going for some versions now, and i always have to come to the website to see whether there has been a bug fix release.

My settings are:

silent_auto_updates = false

btapps.auto_update_btapps = false

btapps.auto_update_btinstalls = false

Check fro updates automatically = true

Update to beta versions = false

DreadWingKnight, thanks for the quick reply, i know that the target is to move to automatic silent updates from the next minor release, i just wanted to know if this feature was working or not, if not i would suggest to remove/disable the command from the Help menu (should be quite easy) as it is quite misleading.

That's all.

tried reverting back to build 29420 but problem still exits?

Are you asking or saying?...

Screenshot with the files tab?

I was saying it is still present. I tested on magnet links that i have downloaded before that properly skipped files. Now when i re download that magnet link again, uncheck those files. They still end up in my completed folder. It wasnt doing that until after build 29544.

I uninstalled with remove settings, and manually removed from registry as well. Upon re-installing build 29462 the problem was still there and build 29462 did not do that for me before. Only after build 29544. Is there a file i am missing to remove? Checked all AppAdata, program files etc. and made sure utorrent was deleted from all areas.

29544 broke a new record ; process utorrent.exe grown up to 1 738 960K in memory before crashing ; dl rate was only 960KB/Sec at that time, but a dozen of torrents downloading together on a local caviar green.

Perfect disk could be a beginning of an explanation, but, it does not interact with the N.A.S, so, what was so wrong with it ? Kaspersky pure has to be investigate too...

EDIT : no error message telling that crash dump failed to be sent ; was it successful ?!!

I just installed the new version and lost all of my downloads. WTF utorrent? Not happy.

Probably you were using "c:\program files\utorrent\" to hold your settings, and now they are in "%appdata%\utorrent" ; so you got totally new settings.dat and resume.dat . A manual copy of resume.dat from old location to new location should fix the problem.

Archived