µTorrent 3.3 Stable

cmeisel

I just want a torrent client without all the BS. I don't want it to install additional programs and I don't want it to lose all my downloads. Is there not a version of uTorrent that doesn't abuse my trust? Why would these errors even occur? I don't understand why this would happen? All I did was update it.

I tried to find the old resume file and did, but pasting it into the other folder did nothing. The only thing in the other fold is the utorrent exe file. Where am I supposed to put this file? Why did uTorrent have to change this? And why wouldn't it have been automatic? Why am I having to modify anything with this program?

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations, you have something fucked up on your system.

I didn't until I did the update. Worked perfectly fine before. But I found a version without ads and that doesn't install things on your PC without permission so I'm good now. Thanks anyways.

Has anyone else experienced issues with the Webui with 3.3 (maybe while downloading multiple torrents at once?) I've had it unable to refresh and it's even timed out at which point I have to refresh/reload the page.

Also I've had the Webui up and selected files to not download and it didn't take.. it's like there's a massive lag with sending info to the client. I tried it multiple times and had to make a remote connection and change it that way, I've never once experienced any issues with it before upgrading so I guess I'll revert to 3.2.3 and see if the issues disappear.

I would like to confer with most of the comments in this topic.

Since upgrading??? to 3.3 29544 nothing but problems!

Have had most of the issues described in this thread.

totally frustrated unless there is a fix pending I will revert to 3.2 as I had no probs with this version.:/

I detect someone that hasn't tried 3.3.1 or 3.4 yet.

In most cases users would migrate to the newest "Stable" version of software.

It's just common sense in most cases!

The alphas and betas might fix certain problems but will have to deal with other problems unless they are willing to troubleshoot.

I do not know why they cant just concentrate on the stable versions before moving on to alphas and betas. Properly fix bugs in that first then move on to new builds. That seems to be the most logical instead of spreading resources thin and releasing junk.

Im not a programmer but it seems to be a disorganized way of handling things. Make sure you release an actual stable version first then move on to other things. Obviously youll need an update here an there but the amounts of fixes that are needed on these so called stable builds are ridiculous.

Re: µTorrent 3.3 Stable

"Alternate upload rate when not downloading" is not working in this version. It keeps changing the upload rate as if the download overhead causes it to think something is actually downloading:

I see they haven't implemented my "fix" yet... :P

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=712418#p712418

Also, "fixed" in my settings below...

i'd like to echo some of the thoughts from other users. i've been a utorrent user for years and loved it. consumed very little memory, very lightweight, and the darn thing was easy to use. i never ever updated the thing much in the recent past either. and then have no idea why but got this latest update. now my wireless keeps crashing (local to my laptop), and my tablet etc connects fine to the wifi no issues. so its either something local to the new version of utorrent or a setting in it is causing my router to kick me out perhaps since the other devices connect fine (ie no router crash).

it makes me laugh to see this user (cant be arsed lookin up his name) mention using betas and alphas when this version seems so clogged up. you guys took probably one of the best, if not the best torrent client out there and messed it up. i even like the mobile connect option but whats the point if i cant download anything without the thing killing my wireless?

I had the same thought. Apparently it was somehow removed, but if you use uTorrent Remote, go under settings, you can set it there. I know this because I use it and it works. Hope this helps. :cool:

i'd like to echo some of the thoughts from other users. i've been a utorrent user for years and loved it. consumed very little memory, very lightweight, and the darn thing was easy to use. i never ever updated the thing much in the recent past either. and then have no idea why but got this latest update. now my wireless keeps crashing (local to my laptop), and my tablet etc connects fine to the wifi no issues. so its either something local to the new version of utorrent or a setting in it is causing my router to kick me out perhaps since the other devices connect fine (ie no router crash).

it makes me laugh to see this user (cant be arsed lookin up his name) mention using betas and alphas when this version seems so clogged up. you guys took probably one of the best, if not the best torrent client out there and messed it up. i even like the mobile connect option but whats the point if i cant download anything without the thing killing my wireless?

It's crashing your wireless? Or do you mean that uTorrent is crashing your computer or it knocks your laptop off the wireless? I think the later because if it crashes your wireless, then everything that's connected to your wireless (cell phones, iPads/iPods, Android, etc.) would be knocked off.

but still missing a fix on Pirate Bays magnetlinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm using the uTorrent 3.3 Stable version and all magnet links are working. What browser are you using? What addons are you using with your browser?

3.3 (29544)

I'm a newbie. I have avoided updating for some weeks. Tried updating automatically. Got some dodgy looking adverts and viewing pane would not clear. Clicked on help, automatically went to my browser (Google Chrome) opened multiple tabs of twitter and Facebook. Panicked and not sure what I did exactly. Tried to go back to a previous version. Would not do. Tried to download again. Not sure if I hit wrong version. I use McAfee and gave permission to make changes. Tried to use. Could not remove video intro from pane. I wrongly removed from my download list. Tried to re-download but warned an older version was running. I think it said stop and continue with new download. Could not resolve. Went to windows control panel and loaded list of programs. Removed the most recent, ignored a couple of other entries I did not understand. Toolbar and something else.

Ended up downloading and reinstalling from scratch. Used advance and deselected options I did not want. Varied changing various options. Eventually got main viewing pane in the centre. Displayed All torrents. Can NOT select downloading, active etc etc and just get those showing in viewing pane. Not sure where my previous torrents to download were. They appeared to be downloading automatically. I did click on some menu and (pop up) window showed details in full of each (single) download. At this time I got the usual pop up notification at very bottom of screen in a little box (click right hand top corner X to close) that torrent downloaded BUT downloads on viewing pane were FROZEN and showed still sometime to complete, even though pop up confirmed was Complete and downloaded OK.

:|

Is the unusual pagefile usage in 3.3 even being looked at by the devs?

I've seen it being mentioned here multiple times but nothing's being done about it.

I've been updating uTorrent for every new (3.3) build and reverting back to 3.2.3 after a few hours.

The problem is: whenever I close uTorrent 3.3 after it's been running for several hours there's a 200-300 mb drop in task managers physical memory usage history graph.

And if someone is saying the problem is at my end, they should first explain to me why its not happening with 3.2.3

I have encountered a bug with downloading magnet links in v29544.

The progress bar is stack to Downloading Metadata, while the "Trackers", "Peers" and "Speed" views show activity, but the "Files", "Info" and "Pieces" views appear to be empty.

No file has been created in my download directory at this point.

downloadingmetadata.png

peersn.png

I have tried stopping and restarting the torrent within uTorrent without removing and re-adding it.

After closing and restarting uTorrent without removing and re-adding the magnet link, the download begins normally.

EDIT:

Is there any debug information file we can use to debug the process by any chance ?

Just a minor visual nuance.

When selecting multiple items in the list view (in the images below all items are selected), and after loss of focus of the list window different results are observed if you have selected alternate background or not. Refer to the images below.

Also in Win 7 standard theme at least it seems that the alternate background color is the same as the selected item (lost focus) color, which is also confusing which items are selected after loss of focus.

selected.png

selectedalt.png

Archived