µTorrent 3.3 Stable

cmeisel

...flushing to disk of ~1.5GB data never occurred, uT used ~1.5 GB ram, many thousands of corked jobs [accidentally redacted instead of highlighted the corked job count in the screenshot], default disk IO settings
I've now had the same problem again, this time with 3.3 build 29544. I've noticed that the affinity of utorrent.exe was set only to one core, on a dual core system. I'm pretty sure that this was also the case the first time it happened (for details see quoted post).

[edit] Please disregard this post. The problem also occurs with affinity set to both cores.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've now had the same problem again, this time with 3.3 build 29544. I've noticed that the affinity of utorrent.exe was set only to one core,

With what OS? I see it for all cores on my dual core. Maybe some bad setting in your Windows?

I've now had the same problem again' date=' this time with 3.3 build 29544. I've noticed that the affinity of utorrent.exe was set only to one core,[/quote'] With what OS? I see it for all cores on my dual core. Maybe some bad setting in your Windows?
Windows XP SP3. I don't know whether the affinity setting has any relation to the "flushing to disk" issue. With "I see it for all cores", do you mean that you see the flushing to disk issue for all cores?

Details on the core 0 affinity: There seems to be a bug in Windows XP, that sometimes on a clean boot, explorer.exe will start with affinity set to "core 0", and all child processes will also start on "core 0". So far the only problem that "core 0" affinity has caused was in VMware, which refuses to start any VM unless it has affinity set to both cores.

"Light. Limitless.

Elegant, efficient torrent downloading."

in your dreams maybe?

in practice 3.3 29544 is taking a lot of my ram (eventually all of it) and all of my hdd.

if you don't know what happens when your hdd is at 100% usage ill tell you. you no longer have a pc. no matter how strong and new it is. at least with windows os.

and yes the release is stable. so stable that sometimes it just do not terminate itself when exited. ill keep my fingers crossed for the next release to be actually better and improved.

You are destroyed uTorrent application. There is no more date and time for added torrents, bud just yesterday, week ago.... And now some sugestions for download too and commercials. What stupiditiy come next?

Is there link to location for download old version 2.0 somewhere?

You are destroyed uTorrent application. There is no more date and time for added torrents, bud just yesterday, week ago.... And now some sugestions for download too and commercials. What stupiditiy come next?

Is there link to location for download old version 2.0 somewhere?

Everything you mention can be configured within advanced preferences.

Use the help file to to figure out which settings to tweak.

Is the unusual pagefile usage in 3.3 even being looked at by the devs?

I've seen it being mentioned here multiple times but nothing's being done about it.

I've been updating uTorrent for every new (3.3) build and reverting back to 3.2.3 after a few hours.

The problem is: whenever I close uTorrent 3.3 after it's been running for several hours there's a 200-300 mb drop in task managers physical memory usage history graph.

And if someone is saying the problem is at my end, they should first explain to me why its not happening with 3.2.3

After updating to 3.3 i get 100% disk overload and my speeds dropped to 3-5kB/s (i have a 25/5mbit connection) and it doesnt check files anymore (stuck at 0.0%). i have a huge amount of torrents (was at 2500ish, but now i reduced it to 1500ish), this was no problem with the former version of the client. sure it effected my speeds to a point where i was losing about 15% of up and down speeds, but since most torrents arent activly seeding at a given point the client isnt reading the disk only bouncing traffic of the torrent "server".

anyways is there something in the new disk i/o stuff for the client that will totaly screw things up for ppl with loads of torrents in there client like me?

i know it must be a client issue since speedtests and other programs i have have no problems with getting the speeds my connection allow. also when i boot up the client i get ok speeds in the start but more of the torrents that are loaded the lower the speed goes and at a point i get "disk overloaded 100%" and speeds almost grind to a halt, and even the set download location function that allows u to move downloaded files stops working...

cleary there is some issues in this version with large amounts of torrents in the "library"... does it do readchecks to inactive torrents to or something?

I'm using the latest version and the memory leak is back. Without uTorrent running I get 1.5GB with Firefox 20.0.1 with various tabs opened. With uTorrent running I get 2.5GB after an hour of use. I noticed some conflict with TuneUp 2013, sometimes the process multiplies in memory and stops (only when uTorrent is active).

My system:

CPU: AMD Phenom X4 945 (3GHz)

Mobo: Asus M2N32-SLI

Memo: Kingston HyperX 4GB 800MHz

HD: Seagate 1TB (Sata II)

Video: XFX HD7770 Gigahertz edition 1GB

I can't install 29609. It stucks at the end of installer. When I press finish button it says something like "Select Accept or Deny" but I already select Accept but it doesn't continue no matter I select Accept or deny.

Gosh! How you can release this as a stable release? Don't you even install just once before releasing it as a STABLE release?

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit with classic theme.

If you choose Accept you'll get all those lovely toolbars. ;)

Better read before than come whine that it installed without you said so, which you did. Good thing it didn't got installed now, though.

You can just replace the utorrent.exe with the new, that's what I always do. :)

I see that 3.3 "stable" still hasn't fixed the upload to only one peer per torrent problem.Changing between 3.2.3 and 3.3 executables can reproduce the problem 100%.When using 3.2.3 exe i see upload to multiple peers per torrent.As soon as i replace it with 3.3 exe i upload ONLY to one peer per torrent.In both cases i have settings at 60 upload slots per torrent.

Archived