µTorrent 3.3 Stable

cmeisel

I am not.I was using 3.2.3 because of the upload bug.I decided to try 3.3 for a second time to see if they fixed the bug.So I am back to 3.2.3 again.I didn't say the thing you quoted.That quote is from the post before mine. :rolleyes:

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but whats the point if i cant download anything without the thing killing my wireless?

I experienced this trouble ; I got a longer wifi connection to utorrent putting up a wnr 2200 router at the rear of the netgear numericable 100Mbps ; and then I upgraded the netgear 100mbps provided by numericable with the LaBox 200mbps by numericable, and connection turn bad even more slow. The symptom is : LaBox functiuns pretty well just rebooted, then after several days ping returns more and more packets lost, getting dl rate ridiculous ! Iswitch off/on LaBox, and it resumes... With firmware upgraded on wnr2200, I have very rarely the need to reboot it (maybe twice or three times a year)! connection is set in wifi on the wnr2200, instead directly on cable modem routeur. Looks fuzzy putting a second routeur, but fortunately it does a quite fix (makes last longer).

That quote is from the post before mine. :rolleyes:

That's because he was replying to norti :lol:

I know.But before he edited his post it said kilara wrote: above the quote.That is why i told him that the quote is not mine so he could fix it-like he did.

After many crashes, I took a look on downgrading to 2.2.1 ; crash at launch ! I deleted settings.dat, and then it recreated it with standard parameters ; functiunated awhile, but finished by a crash after many hours...

I allowed it to upgrade to 29625, and with settings.dat of 2.2.1, it dl properly at high speeds !!! Unchecking "apply limit to utp" and "open new ul slot if ul < 90% cap" gives faster ramping for dl throttling, but very kamikaze...

Now, I think I will leave those settings all the time!

I deleted settings.dat, and then it recreated it with standard parameters

So your settings file was broken ... lol... "standard" = default = empty file... You can just always use an empty file to "fix" your old one.

The real question here is what was in it that screwed up your speeds. So, I suggest you send the old file to the devs!

It is far much quicker to rename a file, than to create an empty one ; using notepad, I could create a file.txt, then I should rename it file.dat. Two operations in place of one!!!

What there in my settings? Many changes that I reverted to normal, except two check boxes : those I indicate : "apply rate limit to utp connections" and the other check box "add new upload slot if ul rate < 90% cap"

Those settings are not reverted easily, cause no asterisk indicates where is default value...

What there in my settings?

There are many things in settings.dat that cannot be seen in uTorrent Preferences, including the Advanced Options section. Look at the file with BEncode editor, you might be surprised.

using notepad, I could create a file.txt, then I should rename it file.dat

Doing this will guarantee that settings.dat is empty so uTorrent will fill it with default values on first run. Alternatively you could delete settings.dat but then uTorrent will always recreate it in the default location which may not be where you want.

Can someone please explain why the option "append torrent label" was removed. It was a great feature and I regret upgrading now!

You can get around this by either using WebUI and/or remote.utorrent.com and when it come up, just go to the settings and go directly to the Directories settings, just check off Append torrent label, and SAVE it. Now all your torrents will go to the directories in which you have labeled them.

I know this because I missed it very much, then I was trying out remote.utorrent and WebUI, and just for the hell of it, I saved the settings. It works! :cool:

it was where I wanted, cause I use default path ; not difficult to find : you type %appdata%\utorrent in address bar of explorer. I do not use BEncode editor, maybe I should.

YES, please use BEncode and follow the directions exactly and you won't have any problems. I thought the same way to, until I tried it, and it works.

PLEASE, SAVE the original in a safe place, just in case you mess it up some how. That's what I always do!

I registered to ask WTF is the deal with all the adverts- first on the lower left which is-- whatever.. but now on top of the torrents window?! Why?! Get it the F out of there.

Edit- It looks like the damn thing is an actual torrent that I have no control over??! WTF is this BS!?

Edit-- Oh ok, the more I dig into this-- the more BS I find!

WTF is this "B. OpenCandy End User License Agreement"!?

OPENCANDY!? OPENCANDY?!!! WTF is OPEN CANDY?

Why are you putting other BS programs into Utorrent?

This is complete garbage. therefore, UTORRENT is complete GARBAGE NOW.

Obviously Utorrent is being taken over by a bunch of scammers and a holes doing who knows what with user info and you are not looking out for the people who use utorrent, but some slimy third party advertisers/ malware, spyware, or who knows what!.

Congratulations, Utorrent now sucks. Good riddance.. bunch of liars.

"Light. Limitless. Elegant, efficient torrent downloading"

Whatever! LIARS! .

Obviously Utorrent is being taken over by a bunch of scammers and a holes doing who knows what with user info and you are not looking out for the people who use utorrent, but some slimy third party advertisers/ malware, spyware, or who knows what!.

Congratulations, Utorrent now sucks. Good riddance.. bunch of liars.

"Light. Limitless. Elegant, efficient torrent downloading"

Whatever! LIARS! .

And there it goes, another buffoon with the attention span of a goldfish, blaming somebody else for their failure to read instructions during installation.

It's CALLED DUE DILIGENCE and is where YOU take responsibility for what you ALLOW to happen.

TBH when installing software there shouldnt be 3 or 4 extra steps to install other junk. If i wanted that other junk id go download it. It shouldnt be bundled. Thats goes for every other installer though. Just let us install a clean version with no extra steps for unwanted garbage.

Archived