• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just downloaded 3.3.1 and the bug is still there

Not in build 29746 it doesn't

f5612c258225307.jpg

i tested again today With 29756 AND this is working :D

the one i tested/downloaded yesterday had a lower number , I checked it just before i overwroted it with the New one (but now i don't remember that number :mad:

The bug have been ther a long time, since i tested several Version a month ago With same result.

so now i'm happy it's fixed.

Hey guys,

I am still having problems with the "Checked 0.0%" bug. A typical scenario: Downloading a torrent, getting near max download speeds. I put my computer to sleep, turn it back on, the download speed has slowed to ~1.0 kB/s and stays that way. If I stop and perform Force Re-Check, status is "Checked 0.0%" and doesn't change. I have to manually stop the utorrent.exe process and only then does it recheck and go back to normal downloading speeds.

I'm running latest stable build, 3.3 Buid 29625 32-bit, on Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium (w/ SP1)

Help!?

I have just updated to Version 3.3 stable (build 29677) and cant get this version to run for more than a few hours before it crashes. There is an error message saying writing a dump file but it doesnt do that, or it is not being written in the directory shown.

Can someone pls help re how to create a dump file to debug?

Also, I am writing to a USB memory stick and there might be problems with disk overload (at the beginning of this thread)- how can I limit cache/ write speeds?

On windows XP SP3- thanks

You can limit you download rate. This will also reduce you write speed and cache usage.

transfer rates are often not constant across peers/ seeds.. this might overly penalise those torrents with a few fast seeds and many slow peers.

How can I see what cache size is in use (memory/ disk)? Present setting is automatic.

Is there a way to revert to the last version, the crashes are new to v.3.3.

I installed 3.3.1 and it also crashed after around 30mins. I reset everything and then followed 3 of the steps in your posting:

Pref.->Advanced net.low_cpu - true

In pref.->advanced->Disk Cache Make sure :

1a. ->Disable Windows caching of disk writes/reads - are both checked

1b. ->reduce memory usage when the cache is not needed - is unchecked

Make sure pref.->advanced->gui.transparent_graph_legend is false

V3.3.1 has been running now for 8hrs, one of all of the above seem to have stopped the program from crashing.

thanks!

Hey guys,

I'm still having with my download speeds. To refresh, a typical scenario: Downloading a torrent, getting near max download speeds. I put my computer to sleep, turn it back on, the download speed has slowed to ~1.0 kB/s and stays that way. If I stop and perform Force Re-Check, status now hangs at "Checked 99.8%" and doesn't change. I have to manually stop the utorrent.exe process and only then does it recheck and go back to normal downloading speeds.

I'm running latest stable build, 3.3 Build 29677 32-bit, on Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium (w/ SP1)

Should I try the RC or Alpha builds?

• 3 weeks later...

I have an odd installation problem. On 3 of our computers, 7x64 Ultimate, and 2 XP SP3 systems, if I download and install a newer version of µTorrent, it finds the already installed version (Program Files) and updates that. However, on another 7x64 Ultimate system, identical to the other, it does not find the already installed version, but installs a new one under the logged on user name. Is there something I need to put on this one computer to make it see the already installed one when updating manually??? I have the 3 others set up all the same identical way. Thanks to NE1 that might have an idea about this. (Yes, I I know that I can just copy the new exe file over, but that is kinda a pain....ugh). :cool:

--2013-5-10: Version 3.3 stable (build 29677)

- Fix: More installer stability issues

- Updated: Eula screens

Build 29677 from the official site can not be downloaded. Instead of it - just build 29625. This number can be found in the properties file, during installation and after installation - in the "About". It's very strange :( During the month of June I've tested - and always downloaded build 29625...

I just came here to say how much i hate "Create a subfolder" option

µ probably thinks it's the most goddamn smart program ever, and can create tons of subfolders for same files, which are just used by different trackers. WELL NOT, µ, U AIN'T!

Why can't there be an option to remove the check to create folders 'by default' or not?

And when you use Advanced->Set Download Location, it's even worse... It just completely fucks up everything and getting you lost in all those names which you need to change, creating dozens of subfolders, if you for example seed same files on different trackers... that's just insane, i have to manually delete torrents, find .torrent files from that task, and readd it JUST to be able to choose a preferred download folder.

It's bizarre, and that's probably the worst thing which happened to µTorrent since release.

Archived