µTorrent 3.3 Stable

cmeisel

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are talking about unbalanced seeding from you to your peers, so sorting by UL speed would be better.

The "alternate upload" thing was a separate entity than the one you were discussing previously.

Got it... But seems like you guys were not in sync with me on that other issue.

I noticed after installing µTorrent Stable (3.3 build 29126) that 'Local Peer Discovery' was UNchecked, or 'turned off'. Is there an important reason for that? Is there something I need to know there?

Just to make sure you're aware of the setting's function, "Local Peer Discovery" checks for peers on your local network, i.e., your own private IP range. Is this what you are looking for?

I wanna know few things :

a. During installation I noticed the installer downloading a small file from net ..named like smp.exe (forgotten the exact name). What is that ?? (Using utorrent 3.3 Stable from utorrent.com)

b. The Statistics shows that Total downloaded : 10 GB (Does it include Network Overhead ??)

and Total Uploaded : 639 Mb and Last 31 days Transfer transfer : 12.1 Gb (Using this version for last 2 days ) . Is this a bug ??

c. Even though unchecked The Featured content ..it shows up ..why ??

Thanks.

This problem has been lingering around too long. This problem probably started since around 2.2x versions. The program closes way too slow. It takes like 30 seconds for utorrent to close on average. And sometimes utorrent shows as if it is not responding. I mean, it is just closing the program. Why the heck it takes so long?

Edit: I would also like to say, that the last 3.3 stable (build 29126) version, the "/PERFORMINSTALL 2" silent install command line switch is not working.

Why the heck it takes so long?

Because by default it now tries to close each connection properly.

Try: pref.->advanced->bt.graceful_shutdown = false

I am assuming you are talking about peer to peer connections that the downloading/uploading torrents are doing. I think it has has happened to be that i don't have any torrents and yet still takes a while to close. I will try it with the new settings and report back. By the way, are there any consequences of closing "ungracefully"?

Edit: I just tried it with the settings and i am still getting slow closing problems.

I am assuming you are talking about peer to peer connections that the downloading/uploading torrents are doing
Nope, it is the pieces that are cached and not committed to disc and/or pieces that are being written to disc.
are there any consequences of closing "ungracefully"?

all downloading jobs going into recheck every start up and/or a risk of data corruption.

I see that shutting down gracefully is important for saving cached pieces and prevent data corruption.

But i still can replicate slow shutdown even when my torrents has been completely downloaded. Or even when i don't have any torrents at all. And that is without shutting down gracefully too.

slow shutdown

How slow is your slow?...

As for the non-gracefull - uT should take care of proper writes to disk (of already completed pieces) with or w/o "gracefully" . And those that did not complete - will be re-downloaded next session. Peers on the other side of the connections are those that will be cut off w/o notice, and they will take care of it as well, since it is so in real life too. So I wouldn't worry too much about it. Unfortunately - as you say - it does not help...

Archived