uTorrent displays NOTHING!

kazuma

So a few days ago, my uTorrent is working perfectly fine, as usual. Then today, i visited the anime website that provides torrent files for newly uploaded anime videos. I never ever had any problems using uTorrent, except today. Normally i would click the torrent file from that website, chrome shows a download status of the torrent file, then after that i just click the torrent file and uTorrent automatically opens it up, ask me where to put the downloaded file. I do that everyday after work. But today, i did my normal routine, but when i tried to click the torrent file, uTorrent pops up, but does NOTHING at all. Not showing anything as if you opened the uTorrent without any torrent files downloading. So i tried reinstalling it, restarting my rig to no avail.. Windows 7 64bit. It was working perfectly fine 2 days ago, and now its all messed up!.. help please!?

Thanks for the reply!. but thats not the problem that im having right now. Try this, if you are not downloading any torrent, open up your uTorrent application. It's empty right? no info about torrents being downloaded since you don't have any torrent files active. That is my problem! the only thing is everytime i click the torrent file that i have just downloaded, the uTorrent pops up, as it normally would do, but the only difference is, it does nothing. before, whenever i click the torrent file that i have downloaded, uTorrent automatically pops up, asks me if i want to rename the file that is about to be downloaded, asks if i want to set the file location. everytime i click a torrent file, its empty..

Ok, so you mean the Main Window (or GUI) and it is the job list that is empty ...... Yes?

Options -> Show Sidebar (or press F7) -> Select Torrents.

options-list.png

Posting Images:

Upload them somewhere -> Select the URL -> Click the [ IMG ] button -> Paste the image URL between the BBCode tags -> Click [ Submit ]

everytime i click a torrent file, its empty..
What is it that is "empty"?

and what client version and build are you running?

So this is how it is, uhm, how do i explain this... Usually after i downloaded a .torrent file, i just click that file, the uTorrent opens up, asks me for the path in which the file will be saved after download. and then in the uTorrent itself, you will see the status of the downloading file. (Percentage of download, down speed, up speed, etc.) That is the normal routine. But that time, after i downloaded the .torrent file, uTorrent opens up, but i can't see the file that is being downloaded. No info, no nothing. it doesnt even ask me for the path of the file like it normally does. So its like you opened the uTorrent application BUT there is nothing being downloaded. Try to open your uTorrent application WITHOUT any .torrent file that is being downloaded. That is how it looks like.

my settings are default.. i never tinkered around settings.. just to limit the upload and download .. and i did that 2 years ago.. so i can't see any reasons why that would be the cause. but just incase i did checked to see if the settings we're altered. i reset everything to default, still the same.

Archived