Show "Get Started" Page bug

pisoir

If I click on Help-> Show Get Started Page, I get the page with the video and "Get started" appears in the Sidebar list. If I click in the Sidebar anywhere else (e.g. Downloading, Completed,...) the "Get started" page is still on the top and nothing changes.

Version 3.3.

uTorrent 3.3.29038 (latest stable release, as of 31 jan 2013)

Windows 8 64-bit

I have the same problem as you! Yesterday I updated from uTorrent 3.2.2.28595 (worked fine) to version 3.3.29038, and experienced 2 major problems.

1) The sidebar did not react to any mouseclicks at all. In fact, I was not able to exit the "Get Started" guide in any other way than restarting uTorrent. Restarting got me back to normal "Torrents"-page-view, but the sidebar would still not react to any mouse clicks.

See the screenshot for my sidebar setup, might that be of any help:

Sz7LJx9s.png

2) GUI on the "Torrents" section was not updating! It was stuck like a dead screenshot and showed no progress whatsoever, while torrents were successfully downloading and uploading, only the GUI was stuck at startup position and not showing any updates in speed/connections/status/etc.

My old uTorrent version (3.2.2.28595) worked fine. I rolled back and it worked fine again.

I can not understand how it is possible for developers of uTorrent to release a so-called "stable" version which is unusable at all.

Archived