New torrents are not added.

doras100p

EDIT: For anyone who have a similar problem, cheack if it's because the dialog is off screen. To check that, simply click Enter after you double-click the torrent file, or click the magnet link. If the download starts, that's the problem. To fix it, press Alt+SpaceBar+M, let go, and move the dialog with your arrows. I knew the virtual screen was on the left side of my screen, but it could be anywhere, simply try. THANKS ciaobaby for the help!

Hello,

I have windows 8 with the newest stable version of utorrent.

Up until a week or so, everything was working perfectly. Downloads were quick and everything was great. Then, whenever I tried adding torrents, thay just wouldn't be added. And the screen where I select where to save them didn't show up eithrt.

It started around the time I deleted all the torrents from uTorrent, so I thought it might have something to do with it, but now I moticed I have a torrent in the hidden category, and it's stopped. When I hit Start is downloads perfectly.

What could the problem be?

This happens with magnet and regular torrents. When I start them uTorrent pop up, but empty.

Even when I hit File>Add Torrent and manually select the torrent it doesn't work.

P.S. I tried uninstalling completely and re-installing again. Didn't help.

Thanks!

I have 3.3 with vista home when I download a new torrent it does not open it but saves it. I then have to manually open it.

Change the settings in whatever browser you are using.

Also its not flushing to disk very fast and overloading very fast
Read the many threads that explain WHY it occurs and HOW to avoid it happening.

I have 3.3 with vista home when I download a new torrent it does not open it but saves it. I then have to manually open it.

Change the settings in whatever browser you are using.

What about me? :(

Change the settings in whatever browser you are using. I am not trying to sound like an idiot but what do I change the settings to I did not have this problem two days ago with 3.23

This was not a big problem two days ago with 3' date='23

What about me? :([/quote']

Read the manual (or one of the very many threads) on how magnet links populate the metadata.

Not only Magnet Links aren't working, but every torrent. I think I saw other people with the same problem lately but everyone answered them like they are wrong and don't know what the problem really is. I think I will video it and upload so you would see.

Ok apperanly, when I choose Add Torrent (Choose save dir.) or Ctrl + D it works. Other then that, doesn't.

Screenshots:

Begining: http://imageshack.us/f/132/beginning.png/

Adding Torrent: http://imageshack.us/f/502/addtorrent.png/

Selecting Torrent: http://imageshack.us/f/600/picktorrent.png/

After: http://imageshack.us/f/72/afterb.png/

Just in case: http://imageshack.us/f/526/extray.png/

Thanks!

Sidebar -> Labels -> Hidden (1)

Which means the metadata hasn't been populated to the job.

What does that mean? How do I fix it? Does it matter that I have it there probably before the problem started?

Currently I'm using a different torrent client and everything works there.

What does that mean? How do I fix it?

It means that uTorrent does not have any details of the job such as the size, how many pieces, the size of the pieces, the file/directory name, etc.

Does it matter that I have it there probably before the problem started?
It may or it may not, but if it has been like that for more than a few hours it probably is NOT going to load; Ever!

What does that mean? How do I fix it?

It means that uTorrent does not have any details of the job such as the size, how many pieces, the size of the pieces, the file/directory name, etc.

Does it matter that I have it there probably before the problem started?
It may or it may not, but if it has been like that for more than a few hours it probably is NOT going to load; Ever!

I didn't completely understand, sorry and thanks for the help.

From now on I would have to add torrent through Ctrl+D? There's no way to fix it? If I add a torrent through Ctrl+D it works fine and download everything. So no more piratebay? (Magents only)...

For magnets you need to have Preferences -> UI Settings -> "When Adding Torrents" "[ ] Show options ...." checked and wait for the data to load.

But if you update to 3.3 magnet handling is greatly improved there.

No, but I the problem isn't fixed yet.

When I click on magnet links the uTorrent pops up, but does nothing. And the check box is checked as you can see in the last photo I added.

Plus, I am using 3.3

Also, I can't add regualr torrents regularly, I have to use Ctrl+D and then change what files I want it to download, and it's a little different in picking where to save.

The problem is still as the begining, like I described in the original post.

Do you happen to use two monitors on some occasions?

What happens if you press the Enter/Return key after adding the job?

Actually, I always use two monitors. But if I understand where you're going with this I think I Have the same problem with Nero. It opens the window on a screen to the left of my screen, wich doesn't exist. And I checked the PC's settings for that and nothing helped.

Wow! You're a genius! When I press enter it adds it! Do you know how I can fix it?

I know hot to fix it with programms but now with windows inside programs

EDIT:

You're a genius! I still can't believe you figured it out from far, without touching the computer!

I fixed the problem. Pressed Alt+Space+M, let go, and moved with the arrows. Fixed the problem. Thanks for the help!

Archived