uTorrent Android client unable to download BluRay movies

financialwar

I just bought a San Disk 64GB micro sd card formatted into ntfs and mounted to my SGS2 using NTFSSD. Which means I should have no problem downloading movies larger 4GB since it is ntfs not fat32.

I tried to download Skyfall BluRay, which is 6.55 GB, but I am getting error "file exceeds filesystem size limit", at first I thought it must be something wrong with my sd card, since it is the first time I tried to download something this large onto my card. Downloading movies 2GB is size is successful.

Then I tried TTorrent client, which is downloading the movie with no such error.

So it would be nice if uTorrent can fix this issue asap as I am planning to get a 1080p Android phone this year watch BluRay movies.

Thanks.

Screenshot_2013-02-05-15-31-291_zpsd4afe2f1.png

Screenshot_2013-02-05-15-47-391_zps574b8c83.png

I just bought a San Disk 64GB micro sd card formatted into ntfs and mounted to my SGS2 using NTFSSD. Which means I should have no problem downloading movies larger 4GB since it is ntfs not fat32.

The fact that you're still getting the error indicates that NTFSSD is not reporting that the device is actually NTFS through the operating system hooks. This is NOT a bug in uTorrent.

The fact that you're still getting the error indicates that NTFSSD is not reporting that the device is actually NTFS through the operating system hooks. This is NOT a bug in uTorrent.

if it is NOT a bug in uTorrent, then how come TTorrent is downloading the same torrent on the exact same hardware, the same sd card, mounted the same method, at the same time, with no issue?

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks

I will seek XDA for other advice on this issue.

Did you solve this? Sorry I opened a new thread before I found this one...

No, XDA closed my thread straight away claiming it is a violation of their piracy policy.

May you can open another thread there just about mounting SD card probably.

Anyways, I couldn't wait so I bought the Pro version of tTorrent to remove the DL speed limit, the app is so much better uTorrent Android (in it's current state), so this issue does not bother me any more since I have abandoned uTorrent Android altogether.

To Uttorent Android devs: why not just remove the check like tTorrent?

Because not all storage media is formatted in exfat.

Seriously. I too have moved to TTorrent and even my friends and dad after I told them that it's uTorrent stopping you from downloading bigger files, not your file system. All of them have 32GB or 64GB Micro SD cards formatted to exFat. The check doesn't seem to be working all that well on Galaxy S2s and S3s.

Removing the check is out of the question.

What about an option? Something like "Do not perform filesystem check", and by default it's unticked?

Anyway, up to you. I'm pretty happy with TTorrent now and I don't think I'm going back, even though I really liked uTorrent.

Archived