Speed drops halfway through

microserfs

Hey there.

Apologies if this seems out of place, but I haven't used BT in a long time before now, and I'm new to all this again.

I'm currently using my ex's connection (TalkTalk) when I visit him, and for some reason, though it starts off okay, halfway through a download it drops right down to 3k/Bs. I can't seem to figure out why as the connection seems fine with most other things, would this be a seeding issue?

The icon in the corner does sometimes go yellow, but is mostly green. I'm not personally using a Firewall except the Windows one (default) and my AV is Avast.

Anyone know what to try or if its just the norm? Thanks!

Hm. I tested downloading a torrent of Ubuntu linux which seems to run at potentially the speed guaranteed in the speed test, and the icon in the bottom right hand corner is green. I'm a little confused as to why the setup guide says the port is not open but I can still download. I've tried forwarding the port manually (though not via router settings). I don't want to mess around with the advanced settings too much as I'm not sure I understand what I'll be potentially doing.

Archived