Newbie needs HELP PLEASE

tinaw30

Hi,

I have not used utorrent, until today.

But nothing is working, so i am trying to un-install it from my computer so i can download one that will hopefully work.

I have tried removing it from add & remove program's but all i get is a tell microsoft about this problem box, it is also in my start menu, but if i try to open it i get the same box.

I am using XP, PLEASE help if you know how

Go to where you downloaded the utorrent .exe file and delete it, this is probably in your program files on the C drive.

You will then need to delete utorrent from your Application Data file, this may well be a hidden file. I use XP and to find this folder I go to Documents and Settings and open the folder that's under my name. To view a hidden folder you will need to click tools, folder options, then the view tab, and then put a tick in the box that says show hidden files and folders. Then open the application data file and delete the uTorrent folder.

After this you only need to delete a shortcut on the desktop and anything that might show up in your start up list. utorrent doesn't put anything in your registry.

Before doing all the above, maybe you should try deleting uTorrent in Safe Mode.

Archived