Incorrect U/D ratio report to tracker in 1.1.5

miluthui

Hi first of all I want to say that µTorrent is so great and the new version 1.1.5 rocks 8) . However I think I found a major bug in 1.15. When I'm seeding a torrent for example I have uploaded around 50mb then I go to the tracker to see the amount of mb that i uploaded and it shows only 0,00kb ? :shock: . I tried in both private trackers and all show my uploaded mb is only 0,00kb even though I've uploaded more than 100mb

:?

I change to another client (BitSpirit in this case) to seed and my uploaded mb is reported correctly :?

I think it's a bug, does it happen to everyone or it's just me ?

And sorry for my bad English ^^;;

do I have to update the tracker manually every time just for my stats to be shown up on the tracker page ? :rolleyes:

With BitSpirit and some clients this is not needed, my stats are reported correctly without updating the tracker manually ;)

Hope µTorrent can do the same in the next version

I've noticed that the sites I use always show me has having uploaded/downloaded zero bytes with uTorrent. Updating the tracker manually seems to have no effect on this, though I haven't tried private trackers. I don't know if this is a uTorrent problem or a general tracker problem. The previous post suggests it may be uTorrent.

OH MY GOD SOME PEOPLE JUST NEED TO UNDERSTAND HOW CLIENTS WORK.

Not everythin u dont understand are bugs. Look at the bottom of the client where u see "tracker status" and "update in" options. The client updates the stats ever so often. Now if it says 10 mins to next update and u go check the stats b4 that, of course its gonna be nothing reported (this is if the torrent is just started)

Most important thing is the tracker is updated when u stop the client. As in like watever that hasnt been reported, gets reported. U DO NOT have to manually announce the client. But if u are impatient and keep wanting to see ur ratio being updated, then look at the bottom of the client and when it updates, go to the site and be satisfied.

Utorrent reports perfectly. People just need to understand the client concept better.

PS. Manually connecting the client with utorrent works with no problems. I dunno why people wanna so preoccupied with ratios on public trackers. Just seed 1:1 on ur client and thats it. U dont have to go to public trackers and give a cookie to urself as a reward.

As for miluthui, u might have just gone to the site when the client had reported to the tracker. Go to the tracker every 5 mins and u will see ur ratio will not change and then suddenly it will reflect correctly. Thats coz most clients have a fixed time they report to the tracker(tracker specifications) to prevent the tracker from being bombarded every few seconds.

The behavior I reported was for torrents that ran all night, finished their download and seeded for hours. Sorry, it is not due to being impatient and not waiting for the client to update the tracker. Days after I finished with those torrents, my upload/download numbers on the tracker sites still say zero. This is not a huge issue, but something is not working correctly so I am reporting it. If you try this out and have evidence that my report is incorrect, please post it.

Most of us are here to help solve problems. Your admonition above is both offensive and unhelpful.

The behavior I reported was for torrents that ran all night, finished their download and seeded for hours. Sorry, it is not due to being impatient and not waiting for the client to update the tracker. Days after I finished with those torrents, my upload/download numbers on the tracker sites still say zero. This is not a huge issue, but something is not working correctly so I am reporting it. If you try this out and have evidence that my report is incorrect, please post it.

Most of us are here to help solve problems. Your admonition above is both offensive and unhelpful.

First things first i wasnt refering to u. And ur problem is of public tracker and public trackers go offline and go dead ever so often so keeping track of ur ratio on public trackers is not needed and i dont understand why u need to. Im 99.99% sure that the fault lies with the public trackers coz their load is immense.

Private trackers will show u a good result coz they are designed to update regularly and stay online often and they would be in trouble if thye didnt update regularly.

Some people start a thread and say it doesnt report correctly and another tom comes along and says his doesnt work properly and the harry comes and says his doesnt and all tom dick and harry dont understand why it is so.

In the end everyone gets terrified and starts questioning.

Some people start a thread and say it doesnt report correctly and another tom comes along and says his doesnt work properly and the harry comes and says his doesnt and all tom dick and harry dont understand why it is so.

In the end everyone gets terrified and starts questioning.

I don't see anyone getting terrified and no damage has been done. People are reporting things they perceive as not operating correctly. This is generally helpful and is the purpose of this forum. If you sense that a poster doesn't fully understand how something is supposed to work, it would be helpful to everyone if you would post something to politely educate them. People don't generally post things they know to be naive. More importantly, they won't take the time to post at all if they think they will be publicly insulted.

The developers have done a great job on this program and I think every single person on this forum knows that. They also seem to be mature enough to understand that people reporting possible bugs is in no way a criticism of their work. Even though this is not an open-source project, it appears to be a cooperative one. Let's not scare potential users and testers away.

Don't forget that utorrent shows your total upload, while the tracker often shows what you have uploaded the current session. So if you stop seeding and the continue later, utorrent and tracker will show different upload.

I didn't know that. Thank you :D I'm pretty sure I checked the tracker before closing the session, but I'll repeat it to see if this was a case of "pilot error" (PEBCAK).

Ok sethg im sorry.

I will be more polite. Maybe was coz of the many unnecessary threads opened b4 this by noobs who didnt understand the situation.

My apologies.

PS. I assumed u knew wat the above poster said. I guess next time i shd just state the basics.

deeppal I tried on both private trackers not public, I wouldnt care at all if it's public tracker. With private trackers, U/D ratio is very important, that's why I made this thread.

Maybe the problem was because of the tracker not µTorrent, if the tracker is heavy loaded the stats may need some time to update. Ok now u can forget this thread people, thanks for replying though :D

i didnt want to start another thread for this kinda small problem and i think its related to this thread aswell.

im a user on torrentbytes.net, and i dled Rome yesterday with uTorrent 1.1.5 (recomended by friend), skipped a couple files (nothing corrupted afaik) but now that i have gotten it all down, its still reporting as Leeching on tb whilst other files that i downloaded are reported as seeding.

Oh yeah, i got the 1.1.61 and still the same.

Also ill create another thread about it if its considered to much offtopic.

Perhaps im not a seed by definition since i skipped the sample, but why does it then work with bitcomet and iirc azureus?

Also, i havent seen anyone else complaining about this :( And i dont think every user dl's the sample

Oh, and uT crashed just now :D I clicked in the main window, and simultaneusly with the error box, the wireless died :)

Rebooted and deleted the resume.dat file to get uT to work again.

Anyway, heres the error dump if a developer drops by: http://vividus.net/temp/utorrent.8a99.dmp

Archived