Download trouble

Depoch

Hi,

I've been using uTorrent for about 5 years and never had any problems! Thanks a lot and keep up the good work guys! :D:D:D

For the first time, I'm having trouble with uTorrent. I downloaded the new version yesterday, and since then have neither been able to upload or download anything.

My Specs are: uTorrent 3.3, running on asus-branded laptop with windows 7, intel i7, 4GB RAM, 300GB hdd. I'm on a university campus network, so no idea about actual speed, but can get 2Mbps normally.

uT is showing Waiting to Login/0 nodes with anything I tried downloading yesterday, but now when I add new files to the download list, it downloads them all fine and at good speeds. I tried finding and locating the appdata folder to delete the settings, but couldn't find it anywhere. I have no appdata folder on my pc as far as I can find...yes, I checked for the usual "Show hidden files and folders" stuff...

As I'm writing this, all my torrents seem to be starting up again and my download speed is increasing. I have not changed any settings...

My question is this: Is this a problem with trackers/the uTorrent software, or is it a problem with my PC in some other aspect...?

My question is this: Is this a problem with trackers/the uTorrent software, or is it a problem with my PC in some other aspect...?

It's more probable that the IT department are blocking/throttling peer to peer traffic

I have no appdata folder on my pc as far as I can find.
have you tried typing %appdata%/utorrent into the 'Run...' dialogue?

Ok, Thanks for the suggestions. I eventually found that %appdata% folder...Thanks for the help...Bit of a dumbass sometimes...

As for deleting those files, I did that, started uTorrent up again and it is still doing the same thing as before. Now it won't download anything. Constantly states DHT:Waiting to Login...

I'm really confused by this because it started working great again the day before yesterday, just after I'd posted that message...

OK...other information to add to the problem.

1) I've just been reading lots of advice given by Ciaobaby and DWK in other topic posts, that recommend deleting the .dat files. Did that, no change.

2) I tried downloading a featured torrent and it worked...very quickly too! Until 62.5% when it just suddenly stopped completely...and has remained there since.

3)Set up the firewall rules again, and no problems.

4) Tried the built-in speed test, which said that the network test worked, but the top-part, the speed test failed...

Any ideas or any steps to take would be most appreciated...This has only started happening in the last few days/a week. I really need to be able to download torrents to help me with university stuff...

Thanks, Dan

Archived