µTorrent 3.3.1 RC

TylerW

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quit trolling.

He's just acting the somewhat moderator (I guess that's basically his self appointed role) so as such I kinda expect those posts from him. There's certainly no harm in making requests again, especially when nobody is actually responding to them, so it really is the more the merrier to a point.

is it safe now to test the beta version?

'safe' as in?????

He means does it actually work without breaking something.

There is that upload limiter issue Rafi posted about.. 3.4 isn't going to break your computer and there doesn't seem to be any major bugs.. Give it a shot.

Hi,

Can you please try with the lastest version? If it is still crashing, please attach the dump file, settings.dat, and the RSS link that you try to download. You can find your dump file and settings.dat file in:

C:%AppData%\Roaming\uTorrent

thanks.

--2013-02-26: Version 3.3.1 (build 29213)

Will always crash, if you "remove and delete .torrent + data", when there is no .torrent file present in Roaming\utorrent folder.

Which can be the case sometimes with RSS Downloader added files.

Latest 3.3.1 utorrent often fails to move deleted files into recycle bin. Regular files, about 2gbs, there's more than enough free space on disk.

After some operation time, it fails to auto open downloaded files, assosiated with corresponding applications, and every time asks what app to use.

Recently utorrent (3.3 -> 3.3.1, now on 3.3.1b #29335, 32bit, XP) started to behave this way: it works fine, then I hibernate and, after loading back from hibernation, it stops working properly.Column Last Active started to aging only. If I exit utorrent -- it doesn't exit clean, and I have to kill it by Task Manager. When restarted, it all goes well -- last active starts to count from 0 when hit, exits clean, etc.

The one remedy I know - If I stop all the torrents before hibernating, and resume'em after boot-up - -all goes well.

I also have this hibernation problem. I have windows 8 pro wmc x64. When I resume from hibernation, utorrent won't download or upload anything. It won't close properly (the window closes but task manager shows it as running) and I have to kill it and restart it in order to get it working again). This issue was not present on utorrent 3.2.

So, it should be better, right? Minus all the issues related to uTP... tongue

Affirmative, as long as you don't attempt to (intuitively) uncheck Enable bandwidth management [uTP] which pegs one CPU core and slows UI response by 95%, eventually producing unrestrained u/l rate limits (again) :(

Hi Everyone,

We went through the 3.3.1 forum looking for unresolved issues.

Problems we think we have fixed:

- Checked 0.0 %

- Download progress bar color regression

- Crashes when I try to "Remove And...>Delete .torrent" for torrents without .torrent in %appdata%:

- Crash: Deleteing data for a job that hasn't been started

Here are the issues that we know about and intend to fix this cycle:

- Certain upload limiter problems (imbalance, dropping off, ...)

- .torrent associations bug

- Blank Connectivity icon http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=721898#p721898

- AV problem: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=715404#p715404

Problems we have not been able to reproduce yet

- Disk overload pre-allocating large files http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=721602#p721602

- Hibernation interferes with downloading

We're not sure if these are still problems:

- Related tab showing NULL values

- Crash if torrent added via RSS:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=715974#p715974

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=716116#p716116

http://ciaobaby.info/utorrent/crash-dumps/

- 29438 re-orders download priorities? http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=719428#p719428

Minor issues we may not get to this cycle:

- "Uploaded" column reset to 0 when last peer lost http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=716456#p716456

Features we intend to add:

- Make "create subfolder" checkbox remember it's last state

Issues we won't fix this cycle:

- magnet links take too long too load (we belive we've improved this greatly in the 3.4 build)

TODO:

- Release a description of the update / fallback algorithm

- Release a description of how to manually fall back to an auto-downloaded version

- Update help file

Please let us know about other serious problem you encounter.

Thank you

Please let us know about other serious problem you encounter.
We're not sure if these are still problems:

- Related tab showing NULL values

- Open info tab;

- Delete a torrent above a selected torrent (delete key/toolbar-button) or: auto-DL an RSS torrent

-Look at the info tab...

Features we intend to add:

- Make "create subfolder" checkbox remember it's last state

- Maybe remember "Related tab" selection, and 'confirm delete trackers' option too?...

- As well as the create torrent dialogue check-boxes

Some more issues:

*1 Options->Auto shutdown->Shutdown - does not shut down, but only quits the client

*2 Disk/cache I/O related - With the default cache size settings (32M cache) the cache is still overflowing in some use cases, resulting in disk overload.

[My recommendation: change default cache size to 128M]

*3 No way to skip files before downloading magnets that are added stopped, w/o the add-dialogue (missing metadata)

[My recommendation: option to auto-stop the torrent after you receive the metadata]

*4 Force recheck:

Force recheck of multiple selected files – fails. It checks only the first file.

Force recheck of partially skipped, fully downloaded multi-files torrent – may result in a less than 100% torrent

* 5No convenient tooltips for partially displayed names in the main-view. They are visible only when scrolling/mouse-wheel

*6 The "Alternate upload speed" triggers intermittently because of improper default download threshold of 0.

[My recommendation: set a default ul_rate_download_thres limit of 10K]

*7 High CPU usage in some reported use cases

[My recommendation: set net.low_cpu default to true]

(To be continued... )

Disk overload pre-allocating large files http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php … 02#p721602

After updating to 29535, disk overload seems like to be gone to some extent.

Sometimes when I close uTorrent, the process "uTorrent.exe" stays intact... It hangs..

This is still happening frequently irrespective of the torrents downloading while closing utorrent. That is, it occurs even when every torrent is finished and deleted. The weird thing is that utorrent still uses some cpu (2~3%) even though it is closed with no torrents. It probably hangs when I try to close utorrent from system tray.

ps. I'm using windows 8. Anyway, utorrent is my favorite. Thanks!

Mentioned this before but is there a way to change the default setting of creating a torrent?

Meaning, a way to uncheck "Start Seeding" by default? As 99% of the time I create a torrent I don't use/seed it till a later date {And the tracker I use changes the Torrent upon uploading, so "Start Seeding" wouldn't work in this care. And I use this tracker 99% of the time}

Sometimes uTorrent doesn't quit when I try to close it.

I could find an option for 'Analyze Wait Chain' when right clicking on uTorrent.exe in the detailed info tab of task manager. This showed the message 'One or more threads of uTorrent.exe are waiting to finish network I/O', and listed three threads. One thread of uTorrent has subthread named as svchost.exe.

I posted yesterday complaining that I've lost all my downloads after updating to the newest version. I still have no idea how to fix it. It gives me an error message saying cannot save resume file or something like that - and all of the stuff I was downloading and seeding is gone. This is beyond frustrating. It was working just fine before. Every time uTorrent does an update my program stops working properly. I have about had it with this company. To make matters worse when I tried to reinstall it automatically installed a fake Registry Optimizer program and some other browser addon program!!! WTF IS WRONG WITH THIS COMPANY!? I do not appreciate your shifty attempts at adding garbage to my computer. That is some shady shit right there. What kind of company is this? Clearly not a company worth trusting.

Thanks for making yourself useless!

Archived