µTorrent 3.3.1 RC

TylerW

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I've been running 3.3.2 beta for a few days now (which shows a visible tray icon), I just tried installing 3.3.1.29801 just for fun, and it still has the invis-tray icon. Why is this so difficult to fix?

Probably cos they have like one guy that codes uTorrent and he switches between adding bugs to developing the alpha version and the beta versions whenever he's let out.

So it's almost a year later, still waiting for new features and a slim client. Ho hum.

utorrent 3.3.2 Beta version

No thread created for utorrent 3.3.2 Beta

no changelog for utorrent 3.3.2 beta

automatic updates does not work

only updating build number.

i think Devs are not interested to further developement of utorrent.you can take example of alpha version. utorrent 3.4 alpha build no info shown in tabs. bug starts from build 29741->29765->29780->29785. still not fixed. same in case of utorrent 3.3.1, some users reported tray icon not fixed from last two builds.

Edit:New thread created for utorrent 3.3.2 beta version http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=137620

i think Devs are not interested to further developement of utorrent.

This is pretty much what I said in a post a mod felt like deleting.

I feel like I'm still using the same client I was years ago, very little in the way new features added.

Years go by, bugs get fixed. Waiting on some real changes.

I'm curious to what else does uTorrent needs to or can do?

Lots of things... But just one is functionally meaningful - *auto-RSS downloading* ...

Oh, yeah, it can also auto-shutdown your computer and make coffee ... :P

This is pretty much what I said in a post a mod felt like deleting.

I feel like I'm still using the same client I was years ago' date=' very little in the way new features added.

Years go by, bugs get fixed. Waiting on some real changes.[/quote']

+1 i agree with you

plus one thing they have added related tab and whole peer list which are useless features.

Although I've been running 3.3.2 beta for a few days now (which shows a visible tray icon), I just tried installing 3.3.1.29801 just for fun, and it still has the invis-tray icon. Why is this so difficult to fix?

It's still not fixed in 3.3.1.29812 (although it is showing in 3.3.2.29806 beta).

As I have noted before, development moves at the pace and requirements of the owners NOT the users.

BitTorrent are a commercial enterprise and as such both clients are commodities that are there to increase the revenue for the company. You as the end user count for very little, and as it is with so many of the larger software houses, are simply mass beta and release testers.

3.3.1 b29812 RC: My 10 "most wanted"/open issues

Not many fixed.... :( ... so, time to move on to 3.3.2 with the 'leftovers':)

Let's hope they'll at least fix the update stopper issue before the wild mobs will rise ...

Stopper issues:

1. The default cache size is still 32M and not 128M (speed-tab->Disk statistics->xx of 32 MB)[b29704]

2. Updating of "standalone" exe+settings or c:\programs... install-> puts the new exe into %appdata%\uTorrent (with wrong settings) instead of just replacing the exe. Plus, backup/restore operation is not documented anywhere...

2a. A wrong help-file-version is being retrieved by F1 (3.2.1, instead of 3.3)

Other known issues that might effect some people:

3. "Add torrent" dialogue option ( 'Create - subfolder') are not being preserved/persistent in the subsequent "Add"s

4. Auto-shutdown options do not take forced seeding jobs into account, and aborts them even when set to "when everything completes" . "Hibernate when download complete triggers only when everything (seeding) completes.

5. Occasional 'Disk overload' throttles speeds for some users, mainly at higher speeds (seems to show up here @~12MB/sec ) http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=729144#p729144

6. Help file not updated yet for 3.3.1, plus

7. resume.dat file is not being updated per-event/state-change, causing some data-loss & other side-effects between sessions

8. RSS auto-added torrents have the wrong "Added" time-stamp.

9. Pieces are not being written from cache to disk ASAP (if set to do so) and are being stuck in cache, plus there are a few reported cases (unconfirmed) of infinite "flushing" when download completes (leftover pieces in cache?) or infinite "allocation" when download starts (permission/priv. issues? Admin priv. needed?).

10 . Setting/changing any speed limit causes the speed to temporarily drop.

Added (21-May):

11. For a downloading torrent - a Disk full condition does not change from downloading to stopped-with-error state

12. User defined Search Engines list is missing separator-lines defined by empty lines in the user-list

13. Force checking of multiple-selected-jobs - possibly skips a few.

14. Alternate upload rate is too sensitive to near-zero download rates. http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=731002#p731002 . Should be job-related and not speed, or the speed threshold should be set to 10 instead of 0.

Added (14-June):

15. Sometimes, .torrent files are not being deleted when we "delete data + .torrent" (partially fixed for magnets in 3.4). Another side-affect seems to be that .torrent files are not being moved on completion if set to do so http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=738310#p738310

16. Green Network Status Icon is not detecting blocked port, due to incoming DHT connections

17. Seeding jobs (possibly downloading too) are not being resumed after hibernation

18. Paused torrent is not stoppable after restart

Added (29-June):

19. "Move completed" + "only from default path" does not work now for RSS downloads that are defined with non-default paths.

[#4/#15 - updated]

:rolleyes: Did I miss anything important?... :rolleyes:

Archived