µTorrent 3.3.1 RC

TylerW

installer is still shit.

i had v3.3.0.28910. launched 3.3.1.29335 (from unrelated folder c:\!distr\...). it didn`t install, it launched. why?!!

but ok. kill process, replace .exe in program files (x86)\utorrent folder, renamed accordingly - to utorrent.exe. and NOW it started INSTALL!!!

win7 x64.

kaspersky internet security says it`s PDM.worm.p2p.generic

and i was wondering, WTF is giong on with the program... bot.net and viruses... reverting to 2.2.1

Thanks for the report!

We'll attempt to reproduce the installer scenario your described and get back to you shortly.

Here is the Kapersky link to report false positives:

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=13881

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes it worked. when I turned up my PC today it was updated. ty!

hmm hey 29335 came out but I'm still on 29301.. auto-update isnt working?

yes I have both "auto update" and "update to beta" on

Could you leave uT up for 24 hours' date=' or restart? we only do the check for new version at certain (not frequent) intervals.

Thanks for the report.[/quote']

After an autoupdate uT have to run the new version, not to keep running the old one.

It's annoying to see the dialog "Still running a old version of uT" (or something so, I don't remember)

EDIT: Ops, I see now this:

-Fix: Don't redownload updates. Prompt for restart if newer version already downloaded

I hope can help

Recently utorrent (3.3 -> 3.3.1, now on 3.3.1b #29335, 32bit, XP) started to behave this way: it works fine, then I hibernate and, after loading back from hibernation, it stops working properly.Column Last Active started to aging only. If I exit utorrent -- it doesn't exit clean, and I have to kill it by Task Manager. When restarted, it all goes well -- last active starts to count from 0 when hit, exits clean, etc.

The one remedy I know - If I stop all the torrents before hibernating, and resume'em after boot-up - -all goes well.

I tried changind settings.dat -- all in vain.

One more question -- how can I (if it's possible) comress .dat files? and is there a manual what file is for and what's the format?

then I hibernate and, after loading back from hibernation,

Does it happen when using "standby" too?

You can zip/rar/7zip the dat files... They just cannot be used this way... And use Ultima's BEncode editor to see the format...

Not the biggest deal, but still: when peer doesn't keep "connection" constantly, but periodically goes away and returns, "Uploaded" column gets reset to 0 on each "reconnection":

uploadedPN_3530017_7399147.png

Observed on 3.3.1.29335. In earlier versions (3.2.3) it used to keep cumulative amount for each IP address.

After the last update when I click a link (firefox) to add a torrent it takes more than 10 sec for the dialog to appear.

That could be an issue with the site you're getting the torrent from.

Using Firefox (19.0.2) & uTorrent 3.3.1.29335, the dialog box takes approx. 1 second to appear for me.

After the last update when I click a link (firefox) to add a torrent it takes more than 10 sec for the dialog to appear.

That could be an issue with the site you're getting the torrent from.

Using Firefox (19.0.2) & uTorrent 3.3.1.29335' date=' the dialog box takes approx. 1 second to appear for me.[/quote']

I mean 10+ sec after Firefox reports the download of torrent file or magnet. Anyway will see.

Just to say I updated through the program from version 3.2.2 28326 to the latest beta version. Had no problems whatsoever. The only problem that arose was having firefox download to the updated version as it kept updating to the older version that I kept. The problem was that because utorrent now loads in application data, and I have application data as a hidden folder, I obviously didn't have the option to choose Magnet links to open in it, I therefore set magnet links to open with uTorrent from the desktop shortcut.

As for any problems with the program itself. The only thing I did notice is that every now and again my green port forward circle would change to the yellow triangle, but only for a short while and not very often and I did only notice this on uploading, as I had already finished downloading. As for closing the program, I shut down pc without thinking once the torrent had downloaded, on start up all was fine. But the upload speeds do seem to be very low. Using Windows XP service pack 3 and only usually download one file at a time, so very low user.

Spoke to soon about the latest beta. Loaded a torrent from magnet link and left it running for 24hrs, downloaded next to nothing and uploaded nothing at all. Plenty of seeds and was connected to quite a few of them and had green tick on program, so ports forwarded o.k. Also the program wouldn't open when clicking on the symbol in the tray, had to open from desktop. Deleted torrent and changed back to version 3.2.2 28326, download speed now flying along at around 500kB/s which is the limit I set and upload speed around 50kB/s which is about right for the upload speed of my broadband. Obviously something not right with the new program, will wait for the next beta and try that.

Also, I deleted torrent and data and exited program, changed magnet settings in firefox to download to the 3.2.2, clicked the magnet link of the torrent I was trying to download and it said that uTorrent was still running, opened up windows task manager and this confirmed it. Had to close the program from task manager. I then clicked the magnet link again, the 3.2.2 opened and said I already had the torrent (or words to that affect) and would I like to add the trackers, I said yes and all was fine.

Option to remove the twitter and facebook icons from the status bar needs to be added. :/

Click through once and they go away.

Actually surprised Osmosis didn't know that.... you been here how long? :P

Haha I don't click shit if I don't need to. Especially when it's my torrent program trying to link to my social networking. ;)

Thanks for the heads up ciao, hopefully they throw it into the advanced options as well, as it should be.

A lot has changed in 8 years. :/

New 3.3.1 beta: 29335 -> 29438

- Known issue:Temporary change to autoupdate dialog (beta only)

- Increase magnet link size limit

- Adjust "Corked jobs text"

- Removed unused settings

- Fix peer unchoking bug / speed up some swarms

- Fix: Don't create skipped files on disk for files we are not downloading

- Added a progress dialog for manual updates

- "Added On" time was sometimes blank for RSS feed entries

I have just installed the newest beta and noticed some weird change to the previous beta version.

Finished downloads have the file properties set to read only.

The color of all status field is now blue. On the previous release it was green for downloading,finished and seeding and red for errors on torrents.

Archived