µTorrent 3.3.1 RC

TylerW

I'm trying to do a download and it wont go any further than "checked 0.0". I don't understand what's going on. Everything is updated and I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software numerous times and nothing works. What can I do to fix this. PLEASE HELP!! It's extremely frustrating. :(

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Version 3.3.1 (build 29438)

Torrents that are automatically added by RSS downloader (magnets) and that are automatically started are all Stuck at "checking 0.0"

UPDATE

Magnets that are manually added are also stuck at "checked 0.0"

438 also reorders the priorities you have set for your downloads. Between that and the Check bug, it's hilariously unusable. Honest question devs: do you even run your own program before you upload it?

Good news is I grabbed 335 from the %AppData%\uTorrent\updates\ folder and deleted updates.dat to remove the blacklisting on it, so now I'm able to properly BitTorrent again, at least until the next "beta". :|

The amount of new introduced issues in each new build seems to rival the amount of issues fixed. Have you guys considered changing the way you release and test? I can't be the only one thinking there is massive room for improvement here.

stuck at "checked 0.0%"

I know this program is free but please test the main function (downloading torrents) before releasing an update :)

edit: I rolled back to the stable version and all my new torrents are still stuck.. will I have to re-add all of them ? :(

stuck at "checked 0.0%"

I know this program is free but please test the main function (downloading torrents) before releasing an update :)

edit: I rolled back to the stable version and all my new torrents are still stuck.. will I have to re-add all of them ? :(

Latest stable version is not stable. Roll back to 3.3 29333 or 3.2.3 (Google them)

The amount of new introduced issues in each new build seems to rival the amount of issues fixed. Have you guys considered changing the way you release and test? I can't be the only one thinking there is massive room for improvement here.

+1

With the 3.3 update i had problems with torrent not starting "DHT Inactive" after restart some torrent started, so i had to restart after one or two torrent was complete so the DHT would be active again on some torrents.

So i updated to 3.3.1 Beta, and not it works better (more active then unactive torrents after a restart now, so its not 100% ok, but 70% better) but as some here said the progress bar is blue whatever the torrent state is in.

But its better with all status bars being blue then no torrents downloading due to inactive DHT.

So i take that blue error instead and get a few torrents downloading instead=P

Thanks for the "Checked 0.0%" reports - I've been able to reproduce this, and we're working on fixing it now.

With reference to the silent updates, not sure if you would be able to also silently rollback an update (or consider such a feature), or the ability to push out a previous build as the latest "update".

Currently I've to restart utorrent roughly every 24hrs as my uploads and downloads would die, and the number of "corked jobs" climb with every passing second. This has been happening for a number of builds now and I've no idea when it started or what is causing it, but I've been always looking forward to each new build that might hopefully solve this problem. I also suffer from the "Checked 0.0%" bug hence need to rollback to a previous build. It's a minor hassle to delete the update folder and update.dat in order to rollback each time I restart utorrent.

Would you consider adding an option for the user to be able to select a previous version in the update folder, especially as a debugging tool for alphas and betas?

For your consideration.

Thank you.

and the number of "corked jobs" climb with every passing second.

Never seen a "corked job here ... Maybe a bad settings file ? Try with mine.

Would you consider adding an option for the user to be able to select a previous version in the update folder,

A good idea. That's what backups are for.

Hi Everyone,

We have posted a fix for the "Checked 0.0%" problem in 3.3 29462 here:

http://www.utorrent.com/downloads/complete/os/win/track/stable

We will also have this fixed in tomorrow's 3.3.1 build

We introduced this problem when we fixed the problem that utorrent was sometimes creating files that were marked as "don't download"

The problem happened when you added a magnet link.

When we received the torrent metadata, we would stop the torrent momentarily to see if we already had data for the torrent. When we entered that checking state, and determined that we didn't need to check (e.g. no data files present), utorrent didn't realize that it was done checking, and it had no way to leave that state.

Thank you for the good reports.

+1

As a matter of fact, I have been giving this a lot of thought, yes. We have so many things we are trying to do at Bittorrent, and naturally some of those things conflict. However, we're going to try something a bit different soon, and I'm cautiously optimistic that soon we'll be able to make stable releass faster, and with less bugs.

I'm cautiously optimistic that soon we'll be able to make stable releases faster, and with less bugs.

Then I shall be cautiously optimistic also. I hope you guys can define stable as being truly stable in future builds and win back some community favor.

New 3.3.1 beta: 29472

Please don't update from within the client in build 29438. It will likely crash!

29472 Changes:

- Fix: Gracefully handle verification failures for downloaded updates

- Change: Updated exes now have readable names

- Fix: Issue caused by deleting exes in updates directory

- Fix: Crash verifying downloaded update

- Fix: blank "add on" time for rss feed entry.

- Fix: Skipped file allocation

- Fix: Crash toggling disk write coalescing settings

- Fix: Fixed/improved peer choaking/unchoking.

- Fix: Use unique keyboard accelerator for "Set Destination Name"

- Change: Add the progress dialog for manual update

Archived