µTorrent 3.3.1 RC

TylerW

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nother bug in 29569: after rechecking...

As far as I can see - rechecking is semi broken in several ways:

1. It simply skip recheck after the first torrent with multiple selected torrents

2. Re-checking of a a fully downloaded torrent with some file(s) skipped results in less the 100% complete.

3. TBD ...

So I would be surprised if it is broken in a few more use-cases...:P

It is a beta, so I guess we should expect those glitches to be fix before the first RC is released!

My utorrent craches all the time now instead Ver. "3.3.1.29569"

Same here crashed with builds before 3.3.1.29565, didn't with 29565, and now with 29569 crashing, luckily after I don't know how many times, it prompted me to revert to an older version and that fixed it :)

Next time i upgrade can i simply just download the exe file and replace it?

Since every time i update now i loose everything it seems *Good i have a backup*

(It wants to install on C drive everytime, but i have it portable on another drive)

Or can i update in another simpler/manual way?

BUG,, no CLOSE button for create torrent window dialogue box was there on the last beta build

however it also to big vertically !.. doesnt fit on my HP probook monitor without moving it -24 pixels

as my monitor doesnt do over 768'

also I have font set to 125dpi due to bad eyes

I dont think it allows for that

for now im using actual windows to force control of the window

please make the window bigger side ways or have min handles V to hide pasts of the form thats not really needed like trackers

doesnt fit on my HP probook monitor without moving it -24 pixels

3.2.3, 3.3, 3.4 versions= the add new torrent dialog box cuts off the text and cannot be adjusted horizontally/width depending on your font/resolution/dpi settings.

Anatomy of the "add new torrent" dialog box.

version 2.2.1

EoCGl.jpg

version 3.1.3

kYKxI.jpg

version 3.2.3, 3.3, 3.4

0vQa.jpg

*Fixed= 3.3.1 build 29579

New 3.3.1 beta: 29569

29579 Changes:

- Fix: Don't store version in \updates if install canceled

- Fix: Fix rollback for clients crashing 3+ times

- Fix: Crash when adding torrents which include empty files

- Fix: Force check of multiple torrents

- Fix: Recheck failure with skipped files

- Fix: Fix torrent association issue

BUG,, no CLOSE button for create torrent window dialogue box was there on the last beta build

however it also to big vertically !.. doesnt fit on my HP probook monitor without moving it -24 pixels

I dont think it allows for that

for now im using actual windows to force control of the window

please make the window bigger side ways or have min handles V to hide pasts of the form thats not really needed like trackers

Hi,

We removed the close button, because there were at least three ways to dismiss the window.

You might notice we're testing a feature that allows torrent creators to add "Related" metadata to their torrents.

I agree that the dialog is too tall - I will see what I can do.

Next time i upgrade can i simply just download the exe file and replace it?

Since every time i update now i loose everything it seems *Good i have a backup*

(It wants to install on C drive everytime, but i have it portable on another drive)

Or can i update in another simpler/manual way?

Hi,

It's very important to us that you are able to upgrade without losing your settings.

If you have utorrent 3.3.1 installed in a location other than %appdata%/utorrent, you should be able to to a manual update ( Help | Check for Updates )

Note: If ( Preferences | General | Automatically Install updates ) is off, utorrent should not migrate you to %appdata%/utorrent

However, even if it is on, it should not harm your settings. Please let us know if either of these is a problem, and exact steps we can take to repro.

P.S. We will have portable mode available in the next build - please give it a try if you like, and let us know if it works for you. Note that utorrent install nomenclature is very confusing. "Standalone mode" is with settings.dat next to utorrent.exe.

Portable mode is when you installed from a removable device, utorrent detected that, and offered you the "install as portable mode?" checkbox, and you accept. In this mode, not registry keys should be written, and settings, torrents, and data should only be written to the drive that utorrent.exe is on.

What are the EXACT steps to reproduce this behaviour?

Open torrent in uT ([ ] Start torrent) pointing it to the dir with incompleted set of files, right click on it, select Force recheck. I have no idea why uT thinks that it should start the torrent after recheck.

Hi Raistlin,

- Do you store the torrent data in a non-default directory?

- What are your settings in ( Preferences | Directories ) ?

- Is it a magnet link, or a torrent?

Thanks!

1. It simply skip recheck after the first torrent with multiple selected torrents

2. Re-checking of a a fully downloaded torrent with some file(s) skipped results in less the 100% complete.

3. TBD ...

It is a beta' date=' so I guess we should expect those glitches to be fix before the first RC is released![/quote']

Hi Rafi,

We think we've fixed #1 & #2 in 3.3.1.29579 - let me know what you think.

i unchecked notify me installing updates in previous build 29569. i update from 29569 to 29579 it updates silently without showing dialog box when it updates to new version. it does not restart automatically.

2nd issue

this seeding gap still remain there in 29579

CuP5wQWfnE.png

3. TBD ...

It is a beta' date=' so I guess we should expect those glitches to be fix before the first RC is released![/quote']

Hi Rafi,

We think we've fixed #1 & #2 in 3.3.1.29579 - let me know what you think.

I think you've fixed those two too:)

Just please check this one up and tell me what you think (all with .!ut set):

#3:

- Set the cache to the below setting (*not* write immediately)

- download ubuntu - single file - to ~35%

- stop

- force recheck

Result: ubuntu is magically shows 99.5%. Either the force recheck is wrong, or we've found a new way to fast-download stuff... ;)

#4:

- download any multi-file torrent

- rename the large file

- force recheck

Result:

* it recreates the large file - *.!ut - and "re-checks" - scan it (why?)

* it comes to the conclusion that it is a perfectly good 100% file, and remove the *.ut (why)?

Another way to "fast-download"? ... ;)

c921c2250512542.jpg

???

9ea070250504875.jpg

v3.3.1 Beta (build 29579). Working fine, but this and the last versions have been consistently installing into the AppData folder and not "C:\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe" as I would prefer (there was no set location on the installer). I closed utorrent and manually moved the exe file.

i simply just download the exe file and replace it?

Right

It worked alot better updating like that' date=' thanks.

Update:

5 Mins later this version crashed.[/quote']

3.2.3 build 28705 is about the last version that doesn't crash on me. Which sucks b/c I like the search function letting you search within the torrent list and 3.2.3 does not have that. But at least it doesn't crash every 30 mins, or at all.

Archived