µTorrent 3.3.1 RC

TylerW

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello I'm on widows 8 bad move I know. After this last upgrade for me that's just come. uTorrent has offered me an upgrade from the last rc to 3.3.1 29782. Its downloaded and installed then gone to start up I've a big banner in front of my uTorrent saying in a pop up box from uTorrent... unable to load temporary the system cannot find the file specified. I click okay. It then displays "unable to find internet the system cannot find the file specified. Then unable to load random torrent name it cannot find the file specified and off it goes.

Any clues ..

I've upped the pictures to here for you to view and included the links.. Bizarre?

http://i40.tinypic.com/ok0460.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/11v1vd4.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/30k9evn.jpg

Well its the auto update it did Rafi. It had theres a new version on the screen do you wish to update yes. Clicked that and that's what it did itself during the update procedure. The last version was an upgrade also .

the program has installed itself in C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe

I've not changed added or removed any locations its the exe auto update its has done itself.

All exactly the same nothing changed. It then proceeds after the errors to run fine and share the torrents. Connecting to the trackers. I can shut uTorrent down and up again no problem no errors. Reboot the pc no errors. It simply does this after an update.

I keep an eye on my New Torrents, and every time I remove+data, they are gone. I'm using Win7 Ult SP1 with RC 3.3.1 Build 29782. No problems so far, ("knock on wood")! :cool:

uTorrent invisi-tray icon hasn't been fixed in 3.3.1.29782. (using Windows XP SP3). PLEASE FIX.

The last build it was working was 3.3.1.29756.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g302/mike20021969/20130606_10h33m13s_001__zps77ef9c20.jpg

(The invis-icon is also present in 3.4.0.29785 alpha too.

The tray icon IS showing in 3.3.0.29677).

Check and see if you have anything in the Boss-Key: field, because if you do, that's the way to make uTorrent "invisible". I use it a lot. You can find it under Preferences -> General on the left towards the bottom.

Has anyone else noticed that µTorrent does not always delete files when you select Remove And Delete .torrent + Data?

Yes...A few members mentioned about this anomoly!

It's been happening on the last few builds in the 3 versions and .torrents do not delete 75% of the time on my end...

Check and see if you have anything in the Boss-Key: field, because if you do, that's the way to make uTorrent "invisible". I use it a lot. You can find it under Preferences -> General on the left towards the bottom.

It's only the tray icon that's invisible. It's occupying a space. I can see the details when I hover cursor over it.

(I've never used Boss Key. It says None and always has. The box is unchecked.

uTorrents settings are always left alone now that I have them as I want them).

Something has slightly broken in the recent builds hence the invisi-tray icon. It was "fixed" in the 3.3.2 release.

Still getting .torrent files not being successfully deleted in 29710...

I have been bothered by this problem, too. But I have never been able to reliably reproduce it, but now I think I may be on to something...

I have been able to produce the issue by selecting a torrent to DL, then selecting only some of the files in the torrent to actually DL. When it's done and the share ratio goes over 1.0 and I delete (I changed my default delete action to Remove And Delete .torrent + Data), the .torrent file in the <drive>:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\ directory remains.

If I select a torrent to DL and DL every file in the torrent, deleting removes everything, including the .torrent file.

I am hoping some other users are willing to test this, too, as I have only a couple repetitions.

Regards,

Archived