• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^
I am hoping some other users are willing to test this
No luck here ...

I just busted my own theory too.

Just so that you know' date=' it is an actual bug, and I think it is quite easy to catch it with any standard debugger. The fact is that uT opens these .torrent files and 'forgets' to close them. This is why they cannot be deleted! :(

I believe the devs are working on it...

359b8d259209417.jpg

Just so that you know, it is an actual bug, and I think it is quite easy to catch it with any standard debugger. The fact is that uT opens these .torrent files and 'forgets' to close them. This is why they cannot be deleted! :(

Hmmm... when the .torrent files do remain, even with uTorrent still running I am able to delete them manually (without resorting to something like Unlocker).

Regards,

Edit: I guess I am just trying to figure out exactly when uTorrent 'forgets' to delete the .torrents like it's supposed to, since it clearly does so sometimes.

Hmmm... when the .torrent files do remain, even with uTorrent still running I am able to delete them manually (without resorting to something like Unlocker).

You don't know it there are still being opened by uTorrent unless you actually check that with some appropriate utility.

Still the icon does not appear the first time you launch the application and minimize it to the taskbar!

1. You start µTorrent and minimize it to the taskbar.. the program is running in the background.. but there is no icon on the taskbar.

2. You need to "open" and minimize the µTorrent again.. now the icon is displayed in the taskbar.

All know that there is an option "Always show tray icon".. But you know what, I do not want to use it! :)

Okay, this is better than nothing as you remember a little while ago the icon did not show up at all.

But why the hell this icon is so hard to get to work right? Here Windows 8 Pro hums happily. :lol:

Still the icon does not appear

If you wish to minimize to taskbar, not to tray, then uncheck "Minimize button minimizes uT to tray".

If you don't do it, then icon will be always shown in tray. The option "Always show tray icon" is ignored by this way. (Windows 7)

4g0jYRm.png

Still the icon does not appear

If you wish to minimize to taskbar' date=' not to tray, then [u']uncheck "Minimize button minimizes uT to tray".

Forgive, English is definitely not my native language and I have just discovered my "writing mistakes".

I mean the notification area (tray or whatever it's called), I do not mean the usual icon in the taskbar. :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Rafi: Thank you for the offer! That time I was actually a little late and they had already removed 3.3.2.

Unfortunately, the system tray icon does not work properly with this version either. And furthermore after each start-up here is some ActiveX error "web browser" message. However, uTorrent seems to be working properly.. and thank you again but just for other reason. I just completed the download, one big torrent (approximately 81 GB, selected parts about 1 GB), for some reason, none of the other current versions would not let me download to complete. There was always a lot of seeders but still did not give the last part (about 8 MB), I was online a long time, a number of days.

then have a look in your dictionary. When something is good I'll say it the same way if I dislike something. I don't expect you to agree. I'm just writing to dev about my concerns. the interface was better before

Well its the auto update it did Rafi. It had theres a new version on the screen do you wish to update yes. Clicked that and that's what it did itself during the update procedure. The last version was an upgrade also .

the program has installed itself in C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe

I've not changed added or removed any locations its the exe auto update its has done itself.

All versions of utorrent 3.3.1 and later use %appdata%\utorrent as their install location, because if you ever turn on the automatic update feature, we have to be able to write to the install directory.

Well its the auto update it did Rafi. It had theres a new version on the screen do you wish to update yes. Clicked that and that's what it did itself during the update procedure. The last version was an upgrade also .

the program has installed itself in C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe

I've not changed added or removed any locations its the exe auto update its has done itself.

All versions of utorrent 3.3.1 and later use %appdata%\utorrent as their install location' date=' because if you ever turn on the automatic update feature, we have to be able to write to the install directory.[/quote']

Not relevant in "standalone" case (exe with the settings.dat file ). You should JUST REPLACE it!

All versions of utorrent 3.3.1 and later use %appdata%\utorrent as their install location' date=' because if you ever turn on the automatic update feature, we have to be able to write to the install directory.[/quote']

If you have it portable you can obviously write to that directory.

It has always worked before this change.

It's more convenient the old way, please add it back. Thanks.

Archived