µTorrent 3.3.1 RC

TylerW

To access the hidden settings:

Press shift-F2 and Preferences

Correct.

Press shift-F2 and Advanced

Doing that does nothing at all.

Not entirely correct. It depends on whether "Advanced" is already selected when you open your Preferences window. If it is, then when you press shift-F2 and Preferences, then the Advanced extras will already be there. However, if Advanced is not already selected (say, for instance, Bandwidth is highlighted), then when you select Advanced, the extras will not be there. If something other than Advanced is selected when the Preferences window opens, you must hold shift-F2 while selecting Advanced to get the extras to show up. If you select Advanced without holding shift-F2, the extras will not be visible, even if you held shift-F2 while selecting Preferences.

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Build 29721= 1.16MB...largest it has ever been

And the Devs said they are considering a slimmer, meaner version!

I'll believe it when I see it!!

utorrent 1.8.5= 282KB

utorrent 2.0.4= 320KB

utorrent 2.2.1= 390KB

utorrent 3.0= 627KB

utorrent 3.2.3= 946KB

utorrent 3.3.0= 0.99MB

utorrent 3.3.1= 1.15MB

Build 29721= 1.16MB...largest it has ever been

And the Devs said they are considering a slimmer, meaner version!

I'll believe it when I see it!!

They could probably shave off half of that by removing all the ads.

Seriously, I think the ads are the main cause of all the current utorrent problems.

How can they have Beta build 29719 still on line, and I downloaded, yesterday from this web site, build 29721? Also, I noticed in the log, when uTorrent starts up, it looks for, settings.dat (of course, along with other files), these new files:

[2013-05-24 00:24:25] File not found during integrity check: C:\Users\vze2mp9g\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\webcache.dat

[2013-05-24 00:24:25] File not found during integrity check: C:\Users\vze2mp9g\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\webcache.dat.new

[2013-05-24 00:24:25] File not found during integrity check: C:\Users\vze2mp9g\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\webcache.dat.old

Does anyone know what these files (webcache.dat) are for and why doesn't uTorrent create them if they don't exist?

Thanks

Thank you for explaining this. How did you discover this? It's not anywhere in the documentation.

Thanks.

He probably read *my* documentation (tips...) v

I really hate to say this, but your help file is out dated, because I use your help file (dated March 22, 2013) and didn't find anything in there. Plus, I think that the Devs took some things out. Could you compile the latest version of the help file and posted it in your sig? Every time I press F1, I get the help file dated March 22nd.

Thanks. :)

I considered that, but after downloading and successfully installing CYGWIN, I'm going to attempt to compile the manual/help file and see what happens. Any suggestions or comments on compiling the manual/help file? I have PowerShell installed on my Win7 machine.

Thanks

I considered that, but after downloading and successfully installing CYGWIN, I'm going to attempt to compile the manual/help file and see what happens. Any suggestions or comments on compiling the manual/help file? I have PowerShell installed on my Win7 machine.

Thanks

Nope, just that it is a waste of time, since I don't see any new updates...

I considered that' date=' but after downloading and successfully installing CYGWIN, I'm going to attempt to compile the manual/help file and see what happens. Any suggestions or comments on compiling the manual/help file? I have PowerShell installed on my Win7 machine.

Thanks[/quote']

Nope, just that it is a waste of time, since I don't see any new updates...

I know, but when I see something within my reach, I consider it a challenge, and see if I can accomplish it. Plus, I like having the most updated manual/help file. Sounds stupid, but you can also consider it OCD. ;)

Archived