µTorrent 3.3.1 RC

TylerW

I want: C:\Program Files (x86)\uTorrent smile

I suggest that you do what you *want* by placing the new exe wherever you like + your old settings *.dat files (or an empty settings.dat file for a first-time-user, or the settings file from my sig bellow).

You better stop fighting battles you cannot win!... ;)

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bugs:

• Pressing the boss key twice after minimizing uTorrent to the system tray causes uTorrent to appear minimized in the task bar.
  • The Bunndle Offer Manager keeps running after 'installing' uTorrent (rundll32.exe and its child process cmd.exe stay running). BunndleOfferManager.dll isn't deleted from %temp%.
  • uTorrent can't be run as a portable application anymore by default (installation if now forced, uTorrent gets copied into/runs from %appdata% regardless of where you run it from).
  • Heck if I know how this is even possible.
  • The help file is outdated.

I want: C:\Program Files (x86)\uTorrent smile

I suggest that you do what you *want* by placing the new exe wherever you like + your old settings *.dat files (or an empty settings.dat file for a first-time-user' date=' or the settings file from my sig bellow).

You better stop fighting battles you cannot win!... ;)[/quote']

Still why the new version installation did not replace the previous version? But to install a new version to C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent and leave the old one. :o What the heck is this?

--2013-02-26: Version 3.3.1 (build 29213)

Will always crash, if you "remove and delete .torrent + data", when there is no .torrent file present in Roaming\utorrent folder.

Which can be the case sometimes with RSS Downloader added files.

Minimizing uTorrent (to the system tray) does not hide the add torrent dialog box.

Interesting. You mean if it's up that doesn't get rid of it. Must be because of the modality of the dialog.. It should still follow the parent if minimized though, you're right. :)

Edit:

While I'm here, bugs #5, 6, 7 and 9 haven't been fixed.

9. Setting speed limits cause actual transfer speeds to drop far below the limit.

Which limit - upload or download ? And at what speed range ? Both seem OK here.

Latest beta, nothing is being downloaded (as the graph shows). Not sure about during seeding only.

That setting has no effect because I don't use alternate upload rate.

The info here is minimal (#Seed/peers) . I suggest a full screenshot with the peers tab.

You are welcome to backup you settings and try with mine (below).

also - see http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=713912#p713912 as reference.

The info here is minimal (#Seed/peers) . I suggest a full screenshot with the peers tab.

1530aba0d1f7f5305abf7809287bcd14_th.jpg

That's pretty damning evidence that upload limiting is broken. That graph is for a single connection (one leecher, torrent had ~5 other seeders). No other connections were open (as verified by the Show Statistics window).

Archived