µTorrent 3.3.1 RC

TylerW

The info here is minimal (#Seed/peers) . I suggest a full screenshot with the peers tab.

1530aba0d1f7f5305abf7809287bcd14_th.jpg

That's pretty damning evidence that upload limiting is broken. That graph is for a single connection (one leecher' date=' torrent had ~5 other seeders). No other connections were open (as verified by the Show Statistics window).[/quote']

Yes, it happens with multiple connections as well. The limited tends to "start" from zero... I does picks up speed again later on (as least for me) but it's definitely an issue!

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3.3.1+ build 29213

with built-in antivirus activated unable to finish one torrent every time torrent is finished the program crashes and gives the option to restart, accepted and run under this batch:

uTorrent.exe /RECOVER "C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\29213-utorrent.5155.dmp"

started with scan of integrity of downloaded supposed that at least 99,9% but sometimes found two or three files corrupted and downloaded again and again crashes when finished and found another corrupted things. :(

only able to download the full batch if in-built antivirus unable in program options, if launched the program alone with no parameters crashes and gives the option to restart and started with arguments like typed above.

last time with av unable started, checked integrity and found 99,9% in good condition and only downloaded one piece and finished the downloaded correctly, untill now there had not been any problem with in-built av ??

only thing that not always is done scan at the end or it fails with the warning symbol but nothing else done a manual check and everything fine.

RSS downloads not working since last beta. Reverted to 3.3 stable.

They do work for me!

Thought I'd give 3.3.1 a shot. 1 of my 3 RSS feeds failed to refresh at all. Went back to 2.2.1 and it updated right away.

Link?

2013-03-11: Version 3.3.1 (build 29301)

Crashes 100% all the time, when you "delete torrent + data" when there is no data, in situations when torrent is being added to the list by RSS doawloader, in Stopped/Paused state.

Cannot see any of this. I guess there is not enough info here to reproduce it. I suggest you try with a clean/empty/default settings.

Cannot see any of this. I guess there is not enough info here to reproduce it

It's simple enough to reproduce. Load a magnet or a ,torrent that has very few few peers and remove the job, .torrent and data, BEFORE any data is downloaded.

I'll even provide an empty download for testing with, http://ciaobaby.info/utorrent/sb-test.torrent

I know how to do it. I don't know what you bad settings/test-torrents are, that make it happen. It doesn't happen here... And don't do it with exe files, that may trigger your AV...

It does NOT matter what the file type is, the client crashes because it is trying to delete a file that does NOT PHYSICALLY EXIST.

The only "bad settings" that cause it to happen are from a programmer thinking "No idiot will ever try and delete data that hasn't been downloaded yet".

It does NOT matter what the file type is, the client crashes because it is trying to delete a file that does NOT PHYSICALLY EXIST.

This is what *you* think. Did you see the code?... Apparently, this same programmer thought differently when running it here...

I am not saying that there no issue, just that the use-case is not well/completely defined.

RSS downloads not working since last beta. Reverted to 3.3 stable.

They do work for me!

Thought I'd give 3.3.1 a shot. 1 of my 3 RSS feeds failed to refresh at all. Went back to 2.2.1 and it updated right away.

Sorry about that - we attempted to put in a quick fix for people who added an RSS feed with invalid torrents, and the check was overly broad.

That change was made Thu Feb 21, and we backed it out Tue Mar 5.

Done a clean install.

Setup a 'portable' version.

Tested on two different machine.

All with the same results.

Hi there - thanks for the report.

Here's what's happening. There is a new assert in the delete from disk routine that checks the consistency of the torrent file data structure before we attempt to remove the data (these checks are only active in alphas and betas).

We'll change this code block so that it is only called when needed, and we should be good again.

1. Still will not let me choose the installation location.

I hate: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent :mad:

I want: C:\Program Files (x86)\uTorrent :)

2. Minimize µTorrent to tray feature still does not work (at least) in Windows 8. The icon is gone.

I feel your pain. Windows is set up in such a way that it is not possible to have automatic updates (without a UAC dialog every time) when you are installed in c:\program files.

I really wish we could install in the typical place, but it's simply incompatible with this feature we're adding.

We will still support all variations of installing uT in other directories if you do it yourself, for advanced users.

That is a 'By Design' change in ver 3.3 onwards.

Fair enough.

I still think the installer should be able to detect previous install location and offer it.

Hi,

We did have it that way originally (preserve user's old install directory if detected).

However, keeping an old install directory that requires elevation messes with the autoupdate feature.

(Example: Initially, you turn the feature off. Later you turn it on, but now you are installed in a directory that requires UAC elevation - we'd then have to port/move/"install" you in the new location. Then if you turned it off again, I'm sure someone would request moving back to the old directory again. We chose not to go that route)

If you can think of a good way around this, I'm all ears.

hmm hey 29335 came out but I'm still on 29301.. auto-update isnt working?

yes I have both "auto update" and "update to beta" on

Could you leave uT up for 24 hours, or restart? we only do the check for new version at certain (not frequent) intervals.

Thanks for the report.

installer is still shit.

i had v3.3.0.28910. launched 3.3.1.29335 (from unrelated folder c:\!distr\...). it didn`t install, it launched. why?!!

but ok. kill process, replace .exe in program files (x86)\utorrent folder, renamed accordingly - to utorrent.exe. and NOW it started INSTALL!!!

win7 x64.

kaspersky internet security says it`s PDM.worm.p2p.generic

and i was wondering, WTF is giong on with the program... bot.net and viruses... reverting to 2.2.1

Archived