µTorrent 3.3.1 RC

TylerW

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New 3.3.1 beta: 29472

Please don't update from within the client in build 29438. It will likely crash!

- Fix: Fixed/improved peer choaking/unchoking.

I like that one... :) will check it up soon! Can anyone elaborate a bit on what should we expect to see ?

Edit:

Tested it... Set the download to 100K, just to avoid DL overhead, seems like the upload/seeding utilization with a limiter being used is still broken (set to include overhead). I can never reach my max upload bandwidth when a limit is being set (compared to those times I disabled it) :( Definitely needs more work. Overall - this is actually harmful to the total-global-speed of the entire swarm :(

539115247474577.jpg

3.3.1 Beta build 29472 is still giving me the "check 0.0%" bug. Was this bug fixed in this release or not?

It wasn't in the Changelog for this 3.3.1.29472 release (although it was in the Changelog for 3.3.0.29462 Stable).

So my guess, as you still have the bug, would be no.

If that is the case, then it would contradict post #196. Alternatively, they may have forgot to enter the fix which appears not to have been fixed in the Changelog.

Uhm... What was the problem with the light blue colour? Sorry, but I'll say it... This purple is a bit gay, but most importantly, completely irrelevant to every other thing I've on my PC. There is nowhere purple to be found.

Yeah, I know... Details, but... If you could only fix the small white gap, would be great.

Also, something more important... Sometimes when I close uTorrent, the process "uTorrent.exe" stays intact... It hangs...

Sometimes when I close uTorrent, the process "uTorrent.exe" stays intact... It hangs...

It happens to me. It stays and utorrent should be forced to quit in task manager.

By the way, the problem of disk overload seems not fixed completely. As I've described before, it rather takes too much time for utorrent to create big dummy files (over 4GB?). While creating it, caches are filled quickly if download speed is fast enough to fill the cache and utorrent start slowing down with disk overload message.

While displaying disk overload message, you can confirm the dummy file is being created by checking the disk usage (writing speed) in the task manager of windows 8.

Sometimes when I close uTorrent' date=' the process "uTorrent.exe" stays intact... It hangs...[/quote']

It happens to me. It stays and utorrent should be forced to quit in task manager.

By the way, the problem of disk overload seems not fixed completely. As I've described before, it rather takes too much time for utorrent to create big dummy files (over 4GB?). While creating it, caches are filled quickly if download speed is fast enough to fill the cache and utorrent start slowing down with disk overload message.

While displaying disk overload message, you can confirm the dummy file is being created by checking the disk usage (writing speed) in the task manager of windows 8.

And all of the above happens to you with my best-practice-settings file?... :P

And all of the above happens to you with my best-practice-settings file?...

Hmm, I just wonder if there is anything different with your settings as I'm using utorrent almost by default except for changing cache size to 128M.

Well, I don't think so but will try it....:rolleyes:

ps. Actually, I've read your post about some tips for uTorrent.

Hi there everyone,

We have a fix for the progress bar color chnage, and the Checked 0.0% problem in 3.3.1.

We applied a very conservative fix in 3.3.0 for obvious reasons. In 3.3.1, we attempted to also keep the fix for "creates files selected to not download", and we missed one case.

We'll release those two fixes for 3.3.1 tomorrow (April 10), PST.

Thank you.

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=721666#p721666

I guess posting in the wrong thread is a bug too... ;)

New 3.3.1 beta: 29525

Notes:

- Please remove updates.dat and updates directory OR uninstall and remove settings before installing 29525.

- Rate limiter issue fix will be in next build.

29525 Changes:

- Fix: "Checked 0.0%" bug

- Change: Add safety net to prevent constant respawning

- Fix: Issues running install when client is already installed

- Fix regression: color of utorrent progress bar

- Fix: Crash when playing media files in BitTorrent Plus

Ok, i just updated it, but then i lost ALL torrents in the program, what do i do now?

Before i had uTorrent installed on another drive.

Now when it updated uTorrent it installed itself on C:\ drive and i was not even asked where to install/update to.

So now when i open utorrent it just wont work anymore, even tried to open with my old exe file in my old folder then i get an install screen, all old files is still there (have an older copy also), can i do something to fix it?

It worked good when i updated 3.3 to old 3.3.1, but this new 3.3.1 update screwed everything up.

UPDATE:

Ok i fixed it by removing all files in root (old folder) and placed all root files from the old copy back into same folder, then i started it, some torrents showed error (Those i delited before this updatecrash) and then some torrents did not show (those i added after my backup) so i dragged all my torrent folder back to the program, it asked me "do you really want to add 530 torrents" i said yes and now its there again.

There are some small errors remaining tho, but nothing i cant live with atm.

Such as labeling etc. and i think i got one or two i already downloaded.

But im still now on the old 3.3.1 uTorrent. and im not to happy to update again until i get a response how to do it with no fuss..

Yeah it reinstalled itself for me too, but to the same folder since I already have it where it likes. Anyway just copy all the files from your old folder to where it likely installed to, %AppData%\uTorrent

Edit: There you go. Figured it out on your own. :)

There's no fuss. Once it's in %AppData% it should work fine. Let it update.

Excellent... The nice light blue colour is back, and the new μTorrent icon is damn perfect.

Now I'm downloading and would like to see if the white gap has been fixed....

Incidentally, I'm getting a white, blank icon when in "not connectable" mode and the allocated sections for twitter/fb icons remain after I press on them:

icP50yPof2v.png

Please, fix these 3 minor glitches.

New 3.3.1 beta: 29525

Notes:

- Please remove updates.dat and updates directory OR uninstall and remove settings before installing 29525.

- Rate limiter issue fix will be in next build.

29525 Changes:

- Fix: "Checked 0.0%" bug

- Change: Add safety net to prevent constant respawning

- Fix: Issues running install when client is already installed

- Fix regression: color of utorrent progress bar

- Fix: Crash when playing media files in BitTorrent Plus

Okay, seems like we're back on track. Please also make the "Create Subfolder" checkbox remember its last state as well. I rarely ever make subfolders on a per-torrent basis so this is really annoying to uncheck every time. Thanks! :)

Okay, seems like we're back on track. Please also make the "Create Subfolder" checkbox remember its last state as well. I rarely ever make subfolders on a per-torrent basis so this is really annoying to uncheck every time. Thanks! smile

Already asked for... you are telling me that you also have no subfolders for multi-files-torrents?

And we are not 'back-on-track' until the major upload limiter issue of it causing seeding to only single/few peers is fixed...

Archived