Missing files when I click "Open containing folder"??

neilkpereira

Ok I have v3.3 Build 29111 installed and I'm facing a peculiar problem. When there's a torrent downloading and I've forgotten what folder the torrent is downloading in, I usually..

> right click on the torrent in the list, click on "Open containing folder",

> click "Continue" on Utorrent's warning message "This file may contain elements that may harm your computer, upgrade to Utorrent+ to get virus gaurd" etc..

> and then Utorrent usually opens the folder where the torrent is being saved.

But now whenever I do the above I don't see an file in the folder at all when Utorrent opens it up. It appears to be completely empty but the torrent is downloading sure enough. And then when the torrent is finished, the file magically appears in the empty folder. What's up with that? I used to be able to view the files in earlier versions (my last version was v3.2.3) whilst the torrent was downloading in case I forgot the file path. But now I literally don't see any file until the torrent is done. Is this a new feature of Utorrent?? This seems to appear in BitTorrent as well. Is it a glitch or an error? How do I fix this??

It's the same warning that ALL download files get.

Preferences -> Advanced -> diskio_mark_of_the_web -> set it to false to NOT get any warning, but if you DO get a file with a virus payload it YOUR PROBLEM.

I used to be able to view the files in earlier versions
You still can if you put the detailed info panel on.
whilst the torrent was downloading in case I forgot the file path.
Set the "Save Directory" column visible in the jobs list, or use the "info" tab in the detailed info panel.

Archived