Windows ran out of memory (windows 8)

Xencored

What are your disk cache settings and what internet security software do you have installed?

Hello Dreanwingknight, I have to set the Cache size to 1800 or I just get 100% disk overload all the time

Also if I have more than 5 Torrents on the go It crashes everytime.

I also have 'increase automatic cache size when cache thrashing ticked

Cheers

I have to set the Cache size to 1800

There's most of your problem.

uTorrent is still a 32-bit process, and WILL crash the INSTANT it exceeds 2048MByte of RAM usage.

You also haven't told us what version and build of uTorrent you're using.

Well at the minute mate I am on bittorrent (Was testing to see if it did the same which it does)

bit torrent 7.8 (build 29112) (32-bit)

Any idea how I can lower this and also avoid the Diskoverload problem?

Cheers

Figure out what it is that is causing the disk to not be able to keep up.

Also, try the current versions of uTorrent (including alphas and betas)

The leeching folder is on a Raid0 4tb drive (2tbx2) if that means owt

Ive had a go with older ones and the betas before same problem.

Ive set it to 300mb and Ive got no Diskoverload so far

also some of my torrents are about 60-130GB Each this could be why the disk can't keep up.

Having preallocate turned on with "no zero" turned off can cause this issue.

I use no zero on, preallocate off, and sparse on and don't get overload most of the time (except for the REALLY buggy builds)

I also have Preallocate off, No zero what is that the cache?

Well at the minute mate I am on bittorrent (Was testing to see if it did the same which it does)

bit torrent 7.8 (build 29112) (32-bit)

BitTorrent clients from ver 6 on are built on the uTorrent core.

Bah I am still getting Disk Overload no matter the Cache size
What type of drive are you using?

So a NAS unit then. External drives are always prone to overloading simply because the interface (which is the bit that gets overloaded) is much slower than internal drives.

With that, increasing the cache size will potentially worsen the problem because there will be more data sent to the drive each time, yes you can coalesce write etc etc. But the fundamental problem is writing and/or reading data FASTER than the interface can handle.

100 Mbit network drives, USB 1.1/2.0, SSDs, "flash" drives and the like will overload. Gigabit NAS, eSATA, Firewire, USB 3.0 and the Mac "Thunderbolt" interface have much faster data transfer speeds so are probably not going to suffer from the issue unless your client is hitting VERY high transfer rates.

So a NAS unit then. External drives are always prone to overloading simply because the interface (which is the bit that gets overloaded) is much slower than internal drives.

With that, increasing the cache size will potentially worsen the problem because there will be more data sent to the drive each time, yes you can coalesce write etc etc. But the fundamental problem is writing and/or reading data FASTER than the interface can handle.

100 Mbit network drives, USB 1.1/2.0, SSDs, "flash" drives and the like will overload. Gigabit NAS, eSATA, Firewire, USB 3.0 and the Mac "Thunderbolt" interface have a much faster data transfer speeds so are probably not going to suffer from the issue unless your client is hitting VERY high transfer rates.

No not a Nas unit. It's a raid controller build into the motherboard via sata6

Archived