Accidently Deleted Torrent Which I Need to Recover

Evolbob

I have 2 monitors and 2 computers: I used the wrong keyboard to delete an email on one, but instead deleted an important torrent on the other!

The torrent is huge (50gb), only got half the files loaded so far, but only the torrent was removed and it is not in the recycle bin either.

This just happened so its an emergency. I'll do a search on the computer to see if it exist anywhere, but I'm afraid if it doesn't I'll have to go find the original torrent and start it up again, and if so will it download all what I already have?

Any other suggestions?

If it's only the .torrent file which is lost by deleting the torrent listing from the client application, there is nothing to worry as long as you can find the same .torrent file from any of the torrent web sites (or from the website from which you downloaded the original .torrent file). When I say 'same torrent file', only the torrent hash need to match, you don't need to find the exact same .torrent file. Once you obtain the .torrent file, add it to your torrent client and point to the previous download directory (which has the partly downloaded 50GB file). Once it's listed in the torrent client, right click on the listing and do a Force Recheck. That will basically take into account the existing parts in the original download and will start downloading only remaining parts.

If you have lost the partly downloaded 50GB file also when you deleted, you will have to download the whole file again I think.

Archived