uTorrent will not stay awake in Windows 8

magerb

Hello, I cannot seem to find the answer for this problem. I am running Windows 8 Pro x64. I have my power settings selected to sleep when I close my lid. I have it this way whether the Laptop is plugged in or not and want to keep it this way. I am running uTorrent 3.3 stable, but this also happens in earlier versions. In preferences I have it checked to prevent standby if there are active torrents. Whether I have active torrents or not, when I close the lid it goes into sleep and my active torrents stop transferring. Could someone please tell me what setting I need to change so my computer will not go into sleep and stop transferring my files when I close the lid? I would greatly appreciate any help.

Sincerely,

Michael

I have one Samsung 256GB SSD. I thought I I would have the most advantage by keeping the sleep option permanently enabled. If I am wrong please let me know. So far the only problem that I have noticed is the Laptop will not go to sleep while using uTorrent program, which I use every day. If there is a better configuration I should use please let me know as I am open to any suggestions.

Sincerely,

Michael

Archived