Auto set torrent options for RSS downloads?

Ghosthree3

All of them.

Right click on a label category, chose properties from the context menu.

Hmmm... as far as I know - this works only on *existing* torrents with that label, and does not set any defaults for future incoming RSS downloads with that label.

Did you actually test it to works that way ? Or you just assume it set some defaults?

Nevertheless, it is a good idea to have such feature... Maybe when they will re-instate the general label<->destination feature

That doesn't change their default sadly, it simply batch edits the properties for all torrents under that label.
Exactly! It's called a 'work-around", it achieves what you want to do, but YOU have to a little bit of work to get there.

I'm always puzzled by the fact that most of you don't seem to get the idea that a 'small resource footprint" means less automation, and less of the "features" that are only useful to a small percentage of users

If you want something that has a plethora of semi-useless feature use Vuze instead but STOP trying to turn uTorrent into Vuze!

Well, at this particular point in time you have two options.

You either use the work-around or you don't, whinging about it being 'difficult' serves no purpose whatsoever.

You can of course post a feature request or post in the Idea Bank and wait to see if it gets implemented or investigate the new Labels feature of 3.4 to see if that offers what you require.

All I wanted to know if it was possible or not, the answer is no, I got that. I'm quite happy to do it myself, it doesn't bother me, but I'm not always there to do it, so wanted to know if it could be automated.

As for posting a feature request, I doubt I'll ever upgrade from 2.2.1 so that won't be of any help.

Archived