it´s all about SPEED...!?

torrentpaul

Hey!

I´m using uTorrent 3.3 on a clean Windows 7 32bit

My ISP is 3 AT, HSDPA 10Mbit, HSUPA 3Mbit. As far as I know and Glasnost-test confirms they don´t throttle anyhow...

All settings like setup-assistant (CTRL+G) recommends, ports open, incomming connections ok.

No tweaking, no experimenting, no youtube-bullshit-settings or stuff like that...

I just set max. upload-rate to ZERO, because as far as I unterstand things right theres no need to limit something with seperate HSDPA/HSUPA - connections, right...!?!?

I´m trying to get a quite big file, more than 150GB, much more leechers than seeders (bout 800/100), and although I allready got 120GB and my uplink is wide open, it looks like nobody wants my files and my share-ratio never gets more than 0.5xx what means vice versa that I might have a bad rating as a leecher which prevents me from downloading faster...!?!?

My average download-speed as shown in the info-tab right now is 127kB/s, the average upload is 73kB/s.

As explained above my connection is capable of going MUCH more faster...!

Here´s a "best case" screenshot of my up/down-graph: http://members.kabsi.at/paul/uTorrent.jpg

Any advise of how I can get faster downloading/sharing-ratio/seeding or if I unterstand anything wrong is highly appreciated...!

Thanks in advance!

AND YES, I DID READ and UNDERSTAND all the sticky posts...

clear, theres a ISP-limit of the HSUPA-connection which in my case is somewhere at 3Mbit.

If I get things right the need to limit the uplink in uTorrent is to not take to much bandwith from the downlink, right...?

Why should i limit the uplink of my HSUPA-connection and not use the full bandwith...?

INFO-TAB: http://members.kabsi.at/paul/uTorrent2.jpg

Thanks!

If I get things right the need to limit the uplink in uTorrent is to not take to much bandwith from the downlink, right...?

Exactly. You need the extra space on your upload to acknowledge and request pieces.

That torrent has a ratio of 0.58 and is climbing. If you want the ratio to continue to climb after completing the torrent, don't remove it when it's finished downloading.

Ok. But limiting my uplink allways resulted in a slower downlink as well, and that´s exactly what I DO NOT WANT...! Also limiting my uplink does lead into a worse share-ratio, right...!?

I definitely will keep on seeding the torrent when it´s finished, but I´m trying to improve things now, in both directions, to make things faster for everybody...

what about the provided speed-graph, can u or someone else explain the 30 second - interrupts...?

to me they look somehow strange...

Ok. But limiting my uplink allways resulted in a slower downlink as well, and that´s exactly what I DO NOT WANT...! Also limiting my uplink does lead into a worse share-ratio, right...!?
If limiting your upload causes download speed issues, that's something completely different, usually meaning one of your settings is wrong (most commonly that you've set your limit far too low).

The 30-second interrupts are probably being caused by your cellular connection, and there's not really much that can be done about that. If it's not that, it's probably your disk cache settings.

my disk cache settings are standard, am using an external USB 2.0 WD Desktop 1 TB HDD.

That should not cause any trouble, i think...!?

the 30 second-interrupts are appearing only to that specific torrent, I don´t experience them with other torrents or simply downloading other non-torrent-files...

Archived