HELP: Torrent at home then Direct Download from the home computer

iczyg

Hello everyone,

I"ve been using uT for quite a while now, but just now have "joined" the community. I am a university student, 2nd year, and as many know, uni's have a strict policy against torrenting -- long story short, I've had to take a "copyright infringement course" recently. Anyways, I've looked into seedboxes and such, but seeing as I have a working home computer I figured I'd try to find a way to torrent from home and then download it directly onto the PC I've got at school. I only live 2 hours away from the university, so my connection between the 2 should be solid.

Anyone with experience in this? I would like to have an easy-to-follow step by step guide on how to accomplish this! Thanks to you in advance.

so my connection between the 2 should be solid.
The Internet doesn't work like that.
Anyone with experience in this?
Yes.
I would like to have an easy-to-follow step by step guide on how to accomplish this!

Try a search engine, your networking arrangements are nothing to do with uTorrent so is a topic outside the remit of these forum.

Well, I was assuming that a direct download would be faster if I lived close by to where I'm downloading from, as opposed to having my home in.. say Europe, halfway around the world..

I see you've over 3000 posts on the forum, so obviously, you'd be respected here, but your reply was rather unnecessary, and I hate to be rude ... but it was also a waste of time (for both you to reply to, me to read, and me to reply to.) I've used search engines -- as I said, I've looked into seedboxes, etc, but to no avail; the best I could find thus far was a dropbox link and the storage size is terribly small.

This is a forum, and nobody is OBLIGATED to help, but there are people who would be willing to lend a hand, and saying "I know how, but it's not my responsibility to tell you" doesn't do anything for anyone. If you don't want to help out, please kindly move along to other threads; I'm sure there are others who would be willing to give me some insight into this situation.

Archived