peer/seeding issues with torrents ive created - pls help

jalucian

This is the second time this problem has happened to me and I really hope someone can explain or help.

I've created around 20 torrents so far (so I'm not completely inexperienced) and seeded all but two of them successfully.... but twice, the following has happened:

Everything goes fine for several hours, seeding normally and peers gradually going up over time. However at some point, all my peers fall off my list - not like they aborted the torrent, but more like I just get disconnected from them. I know this because I have a friend who starts downloading my torrents as soon as I post them. From her end, she still sees all the peers except me. Twice now this has resulted in the peers who were initially there being able to get to 99.9% and then not being able to complete.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I believe (if I'm not mistaken) that both time this happened was when I was trying to seed two newly created torrents at the same time, and both times it's been the second one that was added after the first that has gotten "disconnected" from all the peers in this way.

Does anyone know what's happening and why? And is there anything I can do to fix it besides removing and starting all over and adding it again?

Archived