Windows 8 and utorrent re checking problem.

youtorr

Hi everyone

i am using win8 pro and every time the computer starts i see that the torrents in queue automatically starts re checking. Don't know why. Whereas torrents that are in seed don't go through this.

It's only the torrents that are incomplete and are either stopped or Paused. This problem was never seen in win 7. Is this because of the way win8 quickly shuts down. I thought this and what i did was stopped all torrents and closed u torrent and then shut down, After restart it again started re checking the torrents. The re checking doesn't look like the one we do by right clicking, Even this one takes times but is surely lesser than the one we do by right clicking.

Please help me. Has anybody come across such an issue. What may be causing this?

Is it ccleaner ..i don't think as i am using ccleaner ever since i am using internet. I have even unchecked utorrent in CCleaner menu.

it's not useful to close all torrents in dl mode ; I betatested eight in preview release : first time I did rebooting, I was trap by this phenomenom ; I succeeded avoiding it by just closing utorrent , and take a look into task manager to see utorrent.exe actually quitting. Ciao told you the reason, eight performs an erronous shut down, never graceful, in order to be quicker than every other releases of windows! The trick is : waiting, sitting in front of taskmanager to be sure utorrent.exe came out of memory... Then you can ask eight to do a reboot, a shut down, everything you intended to do with this handicaped guy.

I waited for utorrent to close from the task manager and then restarted. It really worked. there wasn't any re checking. But for this i will have to close it everytime before i shutdown, It can become a problem. And i think the problem is with win8, but as u know they won't change the way the shutdown process takes place, so we will have to change ourselves.

It would be nice if utorrent finds some solution for this problem. As this OS is surely going to be there for another 3-4 years. We cannot just ignore that. A quick solution of this issue would be gr8.

If not is there any way of shutting down windows 8 gracefully.

utorrent cannot cope with this problem, since it cannot read into your thoughts and decides it's time to shut down, cause your about to sleep out your windows eight...

Edit : if your habits are very on time, you can use scheduler of uTorrent to make it close itself on a predetermined clocking hour, and select shut down of PC in preferences of uTorrent, in order to initiate the shutdown : this works only on trailing hours, and only for shut down, not for restart. (night resting for example...)

Archived