Can't connect via µTorrent Remote

shadek

Hi,

I am having some very peculiar problems connecting to µTorrent Remote.

I cannot connect to µTorrent Remote. The progress always stops during the "Sending username" stage. When I try to access my µTorrent remotely via remote.utorrent.com, I get this error message:

503: Remote client did not respond in a timely manner

The connection to the Raptor proxy server timed out. Please try again later.

When I check the logger in the µTorrent (latest build 3.3 29126) it shows this error (user name removed for privacy reasons...):

[2013-02-26 21:47:16] Disconnected from WebUI proxy service

[2013-02-26 21:47:18] Got proxy service response (rapton-i-ae96f0d7.utorrent.com:9051, 196 bytes): {"username":"REMOVED","status":"\/status\/ok","message":{"security_question":"yes","raptor":"http:\/\/rapton-i-ae96f0d7.utorrent.com:9091"},"code":"\/api\/attach\/success","response":"Attached"}

Under settings, I am of course Accessible. 2z524aa.png

I have tried accessing via cell phones and all different types of computers, within my home and from other clients outside my home environment. Always the same error.

My port forward is set correctly, I have incomming ports marked as "green". I have NAT and UPnP enabled in settings of µTorrent and also activated in router (Asus N66U). I am using Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I have tried disabling Windows firewall and even setting my router to DMZ the computer running µTorrent, but no success there either.

Is there any way I can resolve this issue? I'm currently forced to used the good old Webui, which by all means is very neat, but lacks the modern feeling I want from Remote µTorrent.

Regards,

shadek

• 11 months later...

I can't use the Remote as well... but here is what I found...

I find it odd that only one Admin as responded to this error...pointing towards anti-virus installed???  Clearly an internal problem!

• 503 Service Unavailable

The server is currently unable to handle the request due to a temporary overloading or maintenance of the server. The implication is that this is a temporary condition which will be alleviated after some delay. If known, the length of the delay may be indicated in a Retry-After header. If no Retry-After is given, the client SHOULD handle the response as it would for a 500 response. 

Note: The existence of the 503 status code does not imply that a server must use it when becoming overloaded. Some servers may wish to simply refuse the connection. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have the very same problem.  I setup the first PC on the network and got the message "503: Remote client did not respond in a timely manner"  no matter what I did, then I did the very same thing on another PC on the same network, gave it a different computer name and it worked fine, went back to the first and tried again, same error.

The only sw difference (same win 8.1) between the two is I have bitdefender anti virus running n the first PC.

Archived