Downloading torrent icons?

joeg

When I had a dell and used utorrent, I could download a torrent using firefox and just the file would show up in my downloads folder. I tried to use chrome, but it would download an icon with the utorrent symbol on it along with the file, so I stopped. When I got a mac the icon problem started and now with firefox too. Is there some way to stop this? If I dl a lot of files, I have to delete the icons too and it's a hassle. Thanks for your help.

Dictionary: your downloaded "icons" *are* torrent files.

If you don't want to manually trash each one, uTorrent has some preference items that will let you do that.

Look at uTorrent>> Preferences>> Directories -- the part that deals with "Location of .torrents:" --- delete is one of your options :cool:

Thanks for your help. I went into the preferences and set the location to store .torrents into a new folder I made on my desktop so I could easily delete them. I also have it set to automatically load .torrents from Torrents and checked off to delete loaded torrents. Now when I dl a torrent, I get the .torrent file in my downloads folder and a .torrent file in the new torrent folder that I created, but they both have different names. Are the settings that I have wrong? I would like the .torrent file to be deleted immediately or at least be put into a separate folder so I can just select all and delete the entire folder without having to move active torrents around and deleting them all from the downloads folder. Thank you

BitTorrent clients HAVE to keep a copy of the .torrent file so the metadata can be loaded when the client restarts. The file that you downloaded will have the original name and the metadata file that is created in the .torrent store directory will have the same name as the caption in the job list.

Archived