Trouble with Download

MidCalMark

I am new to utorrent android but have been a Windows utorrent user for a long time. I have not been able to get any download to start with the exception of torrents suggested. I use speedcd often and I can download from they're site, click on the file in my download folder, it will open in utorrent but never start to download...Any help or ideas what I need to do?

Thanks in advance

I have yet to see any connected peers... I can see the files seemingly beginning to download but never any progress. I am using a HTC one V Android phone and I have tried data and WiFi connections both and still no files ever start. I have downloaded at least 4 different file types and so far nothing works. Any thoughts?

• 4 weeks later...
I have yet to see any connected peers..
Then it will never download.

Short suggestion: Try restarting your phone.

Long answer: I am using uTorrent 1.15.22 build 28745 and encounter this problem occasionally. According to the torrent tracker (updated regularly), torrent has 988 seeders and 125 leechers, but the uTorrent app is showing 0 peers. I download via 4G T-mobile network with a Nexus 4 and checked to make sure the "Use Wi-Fi networks only" option is not checked. I tried checking this option on and then off again per the FAQ recommendation, still did not help. I also tried deleting and re-downloading the torrent, restarting the uTorrent app, pausing and restarting download, which did not help. Once I restarted my phone and re-opened the uTorrent app, it recognized the peers and began downloading. Good luck to anyone else with this problem and I hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I had this problem too and read Pdizzle17's suggestion, so I thought maybe restarting the app didn't work because most apps don't shut down immediatly due to android's multitask ability (eat it apple), so I used a task killer to REALLY shut down utorrent and restarted it: peers found!

So yes, restartin utorrent works! Just be sure to shut it down (either by using a task killer, or force closing it at the app management at settings)

Using a Nexus7

Archived