Torrents not appearing in list

Gurbachen

Hi guys, my utorrent has developed an issue starting a couple days ago. Whenever I download a new torrent and 'open with...' or save and manually open, utorrent opens up but nothing happens. It doesn't pop-up with the file selection box, it doesn't appear in the downloads list, just seems to disappear into the ether. It's not being stashed away in hidden labels either. The only way i've been able to use it is to download the torrents on my phone and use utorrent remote to wing them over to the computer, but this is a crappy work-around. I deleted the .exe and the userdata files or whatever they're called, then downloaded again, although when it re-opened it still had all the same settings so I must've missed something. I've read a few others have had the same problem with no real resolution. Thanks for any help.

Aye, the pop-up for file selection doesn't appear, and they don't appear in the list at all. As mentioned, I've been adding them via utorrent remote on my phone. Could probably use the web version instead but I'd rather get utorrent itself working properly again.

Hi guys, my utorrent has developed an issue starting a couple days ago. Whenever I download a new torrent and 'open with...' or save and manually open, utorrent opens up but nothing happens.

And do you occasionally have a second monitor plugged in??

IF you use dual monitors or have used dual monitors try pressing Ctrl+O, Alt+[space], 'M' and use the cursor keys to move the dialogue back to your primary screen.

I do have a second monitor but I did check that, unless it's in some sort of bizarre dimensional rift it's not on the other screen. Will give that sequence a shot now to check.

YOU SIR ARE A GENIUS.

It wasn't on the second monitor, it was in the bizarre dimensional rift off the OTHER side of my primary monitor! I never thought to try to pull it from there because it shouldn't be able to go out that side anyway. Man, so dumb.

Thank you to everyone for your help :D

Archived