Windows 8 + uTorrent + Network Share not working together

NotosKorsan

They are not working togheter and I cannot figure why and now I have 2300 torrents in stopped status.

uTorrent just say: "Error opening X:\Torrents\MovieFileName.mp4".

I just installed Windows 8 on an empty SSD drive, it was not an upgrade.

uTorrent can open and seed files from C:\ (SSD), but can't using drive X: (NAS).

Windows gives me no errors, I already checked Event Log and I don't know where else to check for more errors.

Samba log (my file server) shows no errors.

My network share (NAS) is writable, I edited files on it and copied files to it.

Rechecking torrents doesn't work too.

Windows firewall is disabled.

Windows defender is off.

It was running smoothly on Windows 7.

My uTorrent is 2.0.4 build 22967, the only that really worked for me.

Not supported anymore.

Yeah, I aware of it, but I'm looking for community advice/help, not developer support. Someone that has a similar setup that experienced something like that. Am I in the wrong Forum?

Well... 2.0.4 might be not supported anymore but it's one of the few that was really good, together with 2.2.1 line. Version 3 line is bloated, buggy, trashy, slow and not really in business when you have a lot of torrents and/or a network connection to work with and/or are on private trackers. Take a look at the forums and search google, Version 2 will take a very long time to get out of the picture, there are too many people downgrading from 3 to it.

Thanks anyway.

Archived