Error: FixPartFile: Access is denied

Sp4ng0

Hi

I have been using μtorrent for years and this is the first real problem i can not find a quick solution for.

This weekend i installed a copy of Windows 8 on a spare drive and dual booted with Win 7.

I started the couple of downloads so i wouldn't lose time on them by transferring all the normal settings starting them one by one with no problems.

The trouble is when i booted back into 7 this morning im getting Error: FixPartFile: Access is denied on one torrent alone, it's a multi part download TV series and when i do a force recheck i get the above error when it gets to the 3 episodes that i grabbed whilst using 8 and it's stalling the seeding of the torrent in 7

I have tried checking the permissions of the file and its set as full access for both accounts (7 & 8) i am at a loss.

All help and advice will be appreciated apart from been told to use the Fisher Price windows 8

All help and advice will be appreciated apart from been told to use the Fisher Price windows 8

Nobody in their right mind would tell you TO USE Windows 8. The EXACT opposite .. certainly.

You will have to set "Everyone" to have 'Ownership' (in Security -> Advanced ... ) and full control on the root of the drive and enable inheritable permissions, because if you set a "named account" as owner, BOTH operating system will lock the other out, because it will have an unknown SID assigned.

Windows applies the least restrictive permissions so having "Everyone" assigned as owner will allow any user account on either OS will have full access.

Archived