uT 1.8.2 not seeding.

whoaskedhim

I've checked a few other threads that seem to be having the same problem. My torrents will download fine, but once the download is complete, it will stop seeding. It might connect to a peer for a split second and register an upload speed, but it will immediately disconnect and go back to 0.

I've tried the beta, the problem is still the same.

I've tried removing the torrent, reinstalling uT, and even renewing my DHCP license.

The torrents I'm trying to seed are currently in high demand, I do not believe it is because no one is attempting to download on the other end.

At this point I am just trying to salvage my ratio with forums I'm a member of. Are there any other clients or applications that I can use to seed? Is there any hope for an update to fix this in the near future? I know I'm not the only one experiencing this issue. The forums I'm on have many of these same posts, but I figured I'd come to the source to ask.

I'm having the same problem.

Per another post I removed the plist and someting or other (starting dat file ) I think.

It matched what they said to do anyway.

I also removed the old starting dat file.

Then I quit utorrent and restarted it.

As before I did all of this, there is no uploading OR downloading.

I leave my computer on all day, and still, nothing.

I can download from the web and upload, but torrents are all dead.

I also have some 100% completed torrents that utorrent thinks are 0% completed.

I've checked the files and they are there, just perfect, but it doesn't see them.

A force re-check does nothing as well.

uTorrent just doen't see it.

People want quite a few of my completed files and the stats show that I'm the only one with them, that's seeding.

Well, was seeding.

I'm running OS 10.5.2, on my MacBook Pro. and uTorrent Ver 1.8.2 (28949)

Please help.

Thanks

I also have the same problem. It refuses to seed, all the upload I see is overhead traffic. It NEVER maxes out my connection, or even to the limit I have set during the day, which is 1/3 of my connection.

I have tried Transmission and Deluge, but both can't handle the files like uTorrent. uTorrent is the only client that can handle all of them loaded into the client.

I have over 1200 torrents on my 2010 mac mini running 10.7.5.

I am also having this issue, and I really need to get my ratios back to being solid. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I am seeing nothing that has helped.

I am running Mac 10.6.8, and the old version I had prior to my Mac crashing worked perfectly. I am really beginning to wish my mac hadn't crashed.

My internet connection is fine, by both SpeedTest, and through the trackers. I have peers that are connected. I will get them to connect for about 3 seconds every 4-5 minutes at a connection speed of 20kb/s, then they drop out again. Generally the connection works its why up to that speed, so they start at somewhere in the.5kb/s and then moves up, then stalls.

At least I'm not alone!!!-I have been having this problem since I downloaded the latest utorrent version-1.9.0 29250. I have a mac os x 10.6.8 and I also lose my ability to seed shortly after the download is complete. I hope someone is trying to fix this-I hate not seeding...

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem with utorrent 1.8.2 (29019) running on an iMac with OS X 10.8.3, at first it was seeding like a rocket, but suddenly, it stopped! Stopped seeding anything whether was it completed or still downloading, it won't upload nothing.

I have the same problem of connecting some leacher at a tiny fraction of a second, registering an upload speed of 0.1Kb/s, and disconnects him again.

I'm so upset about that while I can't download more with this extremely bad ratio. I leaved it seeding for over 20 hours with no more seeding activity.

Does anyone here got any suggestion?

I'm so upset about that while I can't download more with this extremely bad ratio. I leaved it seeding for over 20 hours with no more seeding activity

If you are not using a private tracker, why does it matter.

And if you are ....

Find jobs that are NOT grossly overseeded.

If you are not using a private tracker, why does it matter.

And if you are ....

Find jobs that are NOT grossly overseeded.

Yes, I am on a private tracker, and the jobs I select for seeding would have two conditions: It has to be a "free leech" torrent, and it has to be in a very low seeders/leechers ratio, that would usually be a newly uploaded torrent. I'm very aware about that.

It has to be a "free leech" torrent,

Assuming you actually mean "leech free", that would make them be "peer free" also, and as such there is nobody actually LOOKING to upload.

Actually, he meant just what he said. To keep from discouraging new members and those with DSL (and other slow connections) --- some clubs/private trackers put up items that are *not* counted as downloads but do count for uploading back --- hence "Free Leech" --- a way to improve ratio via playing the game.

Archived