All downloads now go to ~/Movies ????

vanclute

For some reason with the latest update to UTorrent, all my downloads are going into a "Movies" directory in my user folder, despite the directories in prefs being very clearly set to go to one of my external drives.

What the heck is wrong here? My boot drive is a small SSD so I really can't be downloading stuff to it. Never had this happen until the last update. Is this a bug?

Mine is placing any music file in the Home/Music folder even though I have it set to place all downloads in my download folder. Funny thing is it is just torrents with .wav or mp3 or flac in them, Everything else does go to downloads. Any idea what that's about?

There was a filter option in the Windows beta earlier where you could change depending what kind of files should go where, but it didn't worked, at all, kind of. They removed it for now, it will come back.

It does the same on Windows now when it's a video/audio file, it's a bit annoying.

This is completely pissing me off... my internal drive is an SSD and doesn't have a lot of room to spare, so always downloading everything to ~/Movies is a really big problem.

Does anyone have any idea on how to solve this for good? Is this a bug?

OMG!!! Thank you so much for pointing that out! There is absolutely no indication that those labels would get their own download locations, and that they would override the default settings.

Thanks again, I really hope this finally solves this mystery!

Archived